New
Find
Notify
Tools

lyman gas checks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
alot of you know how crappy lyman gas checks are but its tough to find anything else in .41 the last box i bought from them would fall of the bullets after going through the sizer just holding the bullet up most of them stayed right on the sizing die. I even found I could get them with very little hand pressure to fit on the shank of a lyman .44 300 keith bullet. I contacted lyman and was given a big runaround they wanted me to ship them back the box at my own expense so there lab could check them. I told them I wasnt going to pay $7 to ship a $15 box of gas checks to them and would send them a couple there respose was that there gas checks are only designed to fit there bullets. I asked the lady why it didnt state that on the box and why they fit on a lyman .44 bullet and she had no answer. I have emailed them twice since and they dont even respond. I know one thing Ill never buy a lyman product again I have been treated like a king by rcbs and most others in this industry and lyman will even charge you for orings for your lubesizer! Im done venting now thank you for listening

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lloyd did you try annnealing those checks? Might prevent some amount of springback hopefully allowing them to stay put.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote