The Accurate Reloading Forums
lyman gas checks

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1811043/m/28910548

16 February 2003, 00:05
Lloyd Smale
lyman gas checks
alot of you know how crappy lyman gas checks are but its tough to find anything else in .41 the last box i bought from them would fall of the bullets after going through the sizer just holding the bullet up most of them stayed right on the sizing die. I even found I could get them with very little hand pressure to fit on the shank of a lyman .44 300 keith bullet. I contacted lyman and was given a big runaround they wanted me to ship them back the box at my own expense so there lab could check them. I told them I wasnt going to pay $7 to ship a $15 box of gas checks to them and would send them a couple there respose was that there gas checks are only designed to fit there bullets. I asked the lady why it didnt state that on the box and why they fit on a lyman .44 bullet and she had no answer. I have emailed them twice since and they dont even respond. I know one thing Ill never buy a lyman product again I have been treated like a king by rcbs and most others in this industry and lyman will even charge you for orings for your lubesizer! Im done venting now thank you for listening
16 February 2003, 03:23
aladin
Lloyd did you try annnealing those checks? Might prevent some amount of springback hopefully allowing them to stay put.