Notify
Tools

44 caliber 265 gr. Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Would like to buy a few (10 or 20) 44 caliber 265 grain cast bullets to see
How they preform in my handi 444 before I pull the trigger on a expensive mould.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you might see what Oregon Trail Bullets, Baker City, Oregon has. they will send sample packs (10 I think) and they may be free or at near-free (postage).

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I used to cast these for my 44's. Wouldn't feed through my 1894 due to being too long. Might feed better through your 1895. Great bullet.

Been contemplating ordering up some to load in 44 specials.

https://www.montanabulletworks...eco-432-265gr-fn-gc/

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
The handirifle is a single shot. It will feed anything!
Thanks for that info RayB

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Now that would be interesting in a 44 spl.!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
The handirifle is a single shot. It will feed anything!
Thanks for that info RayB

Wow, not sure where I got the idea you had an 1895.

Yesh, I think they'll be the bomb in the Ruger Specials. And, in a Special case, they'll feed nicely in my Marlin as well.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Would like to buy a few (10 or 20) 44 caliber 265 grain cast bullets to see
How they preform in my handi 444 before I pull the trigger on a expensive mould.

That’s what I used to shoot in my 629 Smith. I was using the “Thompson” design in a Lyman mold. Great accuracy and good performance on game! Took an antelope and a small black bear with it. If I were after big moose or big bear, I’d go heavier. However, for normal big game....I think the 265 (+/-) is a good weight! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

Posts: 245 | Location: Winchester,Wyoming USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote