Find
Notify
Tools

Arsenal molds.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
I just got a new toy in from Arsenal molds. The wait time was just over 2 weeks and the mold looks great. I went with the 358-158 KT, an RCBS Kieth style clone. For a 4 hole brass mold it was just over $100.00 and it works with Lee 6 hole mold handles. Ive never had a brass mold before.

If I weren't so computer illiterate I would post a couple pics, but the craftsmanship seems very good to me. I would recommend them. Any of you guys use their product before?

http://arsenalmolds.com/bullet-molds?product_id=136

Posts: 10107 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes.
I designed some of their bullets for them.
anyway,, Jared is real good to deal with.

they have been around quite some time now and in NOE's early days arsenal was cutting their cherry's, and producing some of their molds for them.

that brass mold will be some different than your used to, they take a bit longer to warm up fully, and you have to get a couple of runs in them to build up a flat patina.
once you do that and get used to running them you'll really like Brass.
before you get them and yourself there they can be a bit cantankerous.

Posts: 4954 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Nice to know they have a good reputation. I am used to using 2 hole molds, both steel and aluminum. Ive heard the 6 hole molds can be a pain to keep heated up so 4 seemed like it might be a happy medium. Looking forward to giving it a go when I get some time.

Posts: 10107 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Do you have a contact # for them? I have a buddy who wants moulds for a 325 G for his 444. I told him to call Veral Smith but his calls are not being returned.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Do you have a contact # for them? I have a buddy who wants moulds for a 325 G for his 444. I told him to call Veral Smith but his calls are not being returned.

http://arsenalmolds.com/index....=information/contact

I had to Message them about mine. I eventually got a reply from Jared and once I did the communication was good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Verbal Smith not answering calls. Back in jail?

Posts: 3795 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was kinda my 1st thought + I should be ashamed of myself. When he was in stir before I bought a lot of lube from his wife; more than I needed but she needs to eat too.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
veral's like 85 years old.
pretty sure he retired.

Posts: 4954 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope that's the case. At 85 he should be able to retire + if so, I wish him well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
veral's like 85 years old.
pretty sure he retired.

so is FJB and look at what a shit storm he is!

Posts: 1529 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I hope that's the case. At 85 he should be able to retire + if so, I wish him well.

PM sent

Posts: 1529 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Answered, John. The big difference between Veral Smith + FJB is that the former has been to prison + the latter should be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is FJB?

Posts: 3795 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carpetman, it is along the same lines as "Let's go Brandon". Basically just an acronym for Fxxk Joe Biden. BTW, I'm seeing A LOT of the Lets go Brandon recently on billboards, bumper stickers + business marquees, as well as Profesional manufactured banners that many are hanging on their fences. I have mixed feelings on this issue. First I support the damning of this idiot who stole the election (IMO) but at the same time, I oppose the vicious attacks on the POTUS even though the Dems started that under Trumps addmin. I hate to see the nation torn apart but it is happening.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman C--If Joe Biden stole the election and left no evidence that powers in much higher pay grades than me could find to get it into a republican supreme court, I have to give the guy credit for being very slick and shrewd. I have NO access to voting machines and other forms of ways to rig an election, but I guess those that believe he did steal the election do have access. I'm interested in what evidence someone has that they have actually seen that we all don't have access to.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Wrong forum.