New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 Caliber Cast bullets
 Login/Join

<Lee S. Forsberg>
posted
Need a good cast bullet for a 1-16 barrel. Using a small capacity case. Velocitys at 2000-2400 ft/sec. Any recommendation welcome. Thank You

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the 225415 semiwadcutter in my K-Hornet. It is a good design, and it stabilizes well. I cast it out of linotype, and without a whole lot of load development, it shoots about3" at 100 YDS.

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee...with a 1-16 twist, you'll need a bullet as short as you can get. I'd recommend the Lyman 225438 or a 225107 if you can find one.

The Lyman 225415 and the 22-55-SP RCBS are darn nice bullets but a tad long for that twist

Still, you may be able to get good accuracy with them and they're easily obtainable. Be very meticulous in your inspection and weigh each bullet. Use a harder alloy if possible. If accuracy is not what you're expecting, compare .224 and .225 sizing diameters. Made a difference on my .223./beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote