Find
Notify
Tools

Lee .41 Magnum molds
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I am looking for an inexpensive mold to cast light-load plinking slugs for a Ruger Blackhawk .41. Do any of you have any advice on whether or not the Lee .41 bullets are accurate?

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had three Lee molds-- the 195 gr. HP was never very accurate- but I am not blamiong the mold just what I tred to do with the bullets it made-- I have a 210 TBL that shoots well and I had a 240 SWC that shot very well. accuracy is not just limited to the mold there is also the weapon the load etc-- A lee mold is well made -- the only cavet is the metal is a little soft that the mold is made of. but any mold needs to be taken care of.

Posts: 91 | Location: Milan Tenn. | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Lee 170-TL for CAS shooting in my Blackhawks at about 750fps. It shoots well in my revolvers and rifle. With the 210-TL I have to push better than 1000fps for good accuracy in revolvers. The Lee Tumble Lube bullets shoot better in my Marlin Micro-Groove barrel than any other cast bullet I've tried.

Posts: 34 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 12 September 2001Reply With Quote