Find
Notify
Tools

200 grain rcbs flat nose trouble in a .35 rem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nose seems to big in diameter it wont chamber anyone else have this problem

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
<marrfam>
posted
the throat may be on the tight side for it Lloyd. Check the profile against the same wight 35cal ugly jacket bullet. You may have to lenghten/ enlarge the thoat to use that size cast bullet. Have you tried the 180gr silouhette bullet?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy from BBT:
the throat may be on the tight side for it Lloyd. Check the profile against the same wight 35cal ugly jacket bullet. You may have to lenghten/ enlarge the thoat to use that size cast bullet. Have you tried the 180gr silouhette bullet?

havent even shot the gun yet I have the barreled action at my buddys getting some smothening and lightening work done and I had gave him some of the bullets I casted to try in his and he said that they wouldnt chamber in either gun.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some Marlins, incuding mine, have short, tight throats. The Core-Lokts are only .354" ahead of the cannelure and a Beartooth bullet that's .358" there won't chamber. Looks like the RCBS won't work in mine either.

Bye
Jack

Posts: 176 | Location: Saskatchewan | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
My Marlin 336 is also VERY particular about the bullets it gets. I tried some hornady XTPs and if they are seated to deeply the gun jams, doesnt stop the next cartridge in the tube where it should. If seated out to proper case length it wont chamber, hits the throat too soon.

This one http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000152660315

the # 358315, is supposed to be specifically made for the 35 Rem. Im about to order one myself.

Posts: 10107 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't work in your rifle, maybe you could give me a deal on it and I'll try it in my pistols? .357mag, .357 max, 357 Herret.
(Newbie that's got the fever again)
idahobronco@aol.com

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lloyd,
My Marlin 336 which is a 1953 model handles that bullet just fine. What length are yoou seating them to? Orygun

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Harry Callahan>
posted
I had a problem with the RCBS 35-200-GC where the front driving band would catch about .05" of the throat/rifling and make chambering hard. I just trimmed my cases back a little (needed trimmed anyway) - problem solved!