New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was tempted and caved in.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Went to a gun shop going out of bussiness sale due to the death of the owner. I bought some IMR powder for $8.00 a pound and some primers and some j-bullets worth the money. The owners son was showing the fellow in front of me was looking at some guns and I asked if he had any milsurp guns. He said he had a couple in the back. He brought out a swedish mauser that looked like it was built yesterday and a enfield number 4 that was perfect except for some dings in the stock. to make a long story short I forked over $160.oo and got both rifles.
Now I'm going to need some 6.5 dies and a few other things to go along with these "great buys". Will it ever end?

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed, would you mind sharing the name and location of that shop? I'm just down the road a ways and I can always use a bargain. Even if I don't need it.

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never ends, Ed.

And you're gonna need one of the group buy Fat .30 moulds to feed that #4, too.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the "fat .30" custom run, what's the status there? Things kind of dropped off a few days back and no real discussion by the major players since.

Just thought I'd ask since Leftoverdj mentioned that design .

Posts: 47 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M Pursell;

It was Montgomery's on K highway North of St. Joe, but sunday was the last day.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote