09 January 2003, 14:53
aladin
Check these out..
Looks like a keeper...

http://www.mountainmolds.com/
10 January 2003, 15:58
georgewxxx
Aladin,
Have you used brass moulds? So far iron and aluminum is all I've needed. Just wondering about how forgiving they are when you make a mistake. And God knows I make my fair share. ..Geo
10 January 2003, 16:51
FAsmus
Aladin,

Thanks for the address.

I'd like to try a brass mold and will probably contact this fellow about bullet designs since I didn't see anything very heavy in 40, 44 or 45 in the sidebar catalog. The prices pretty reasonable too.

Good evening,
Forrest
10 January 2003, 17:36
Leftoverdj
I think I am in love.

35FC190 looks just right to me.

Pity I gave that Whelen to my brother in law in Alaska.
11 January 2003, 05:22
aladin
quote:
Originally posted by georgewxxx:
Aladin,
Have you used brass moulds? So far iron and aluminum is all I've needed. Just wondering about how forgiving they are when you make a mistake. And God knows I make my fair share. ..Geo

No George I haven't. I've never heard complaints though.
11 January 2003, 06:32
Lar45
He lives in Pocatello Idaho. I'm going by his shop tomorrow. He said we might be able to make a mold while I'm there.(too cool) He also mentioned he would welcome an email and visit from casters in the area. He still has a day job, so it sounds like a weekend visit thing. I'm looking at the 45FC320 with .4" nose and 80% meplat. It should go 366gn with WW. I'm thinking it will be just the ticket for my 454. Now if only my hadles would get here sooner....
11 January 2003, 07:42
Paul H
quote:
Originally posted by georgewxxx:
Aladin,

I have cast from a brass applegate mold. It was a year or so back, but I couldn't tell any paticular problems from the blocks being made from brass. The only complaint I had about that mold was the holes in the sprue plate seemed to small, but since it was a buddies mold, I didn't open them up.