Notify
Tools

Check these out..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looks like a keeper...

http://www.mountainmolds.com/

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aladin,
Have you used brass moulds? So far iron and aluminum is all I've needed. Just wondering about how forgiving they are when you make a mistake. And God knows I make my fair share. ..Geo

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aladin,

Thanks for the address.

I'd like to try a brass mold and will probably contact this fellow about bullet designs since I didn't see anything very heavy in 40, 44 or 45 in the sidebar catalog. The prices pretty reasonable too.

Good evening,
Forrest

Posts: 246 | Location: Northern Wyoming | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I am in love.

35FC190 looks just right to me.

Pity I gave that Whelen to my brother in law in Alaska.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgewxxx:
Aladin,
Have you used brass moulds? So far iron and aluminum is all I've needed. Just wondering about how forgiving they are when you make a mistake. And God knows I make my fair share. ..Geo

No George I haven't. I've never heard complaints though.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
He lives in Pocatello Idaho. I'm going by his shop tomorrow. He said we might be able to make a mold while I'm there.(too cool) He also mentioned he would welcome an email and visit from casters in the area. He still has a day job, so it sounds like a weekend visit thing. I'm looking at the 45FC320 with .4" nose and 80% meplat. It should go 366gn with WW. I'm thinking it will be just the ticket for my 454. Now if only my hadles would get here sooner....

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgewxxx:
Aladin,

I have cast from a brass applegate mold. It was a year or so back, but I couldn't tell any paticular problems from the blocks being made from brass. The only complaint I had about that mold was the holes in the sprue plate seemed to small, but since it was a buddies mold, I didn't open them up.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote