New
Find
Notify
Tools

so'thern talk 'bout boolits
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Jus fur funn, mindya, I wud lik to has a place fur tru suddeners to talk aboutts dem casty boolits! Anyones can jurn in. In da spirit of tru compass'n, I even wants ta heer from nonsuddeners. Come set a spel an' gaw wid us!
( translation: let's have a little fun talking about cast bullets. Let's do this with kindness and gentleness. Anyone can join this conversation.)

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've lived in the south all my life and I have never heard anyone talk like that unless they were making fun of us and trying to sound like an imbicile, idiot, moron, goofus or some thing like that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the plains of Georgia and I don't remember anyone talking like that but here in Kentucky they almost have their own dialect in some parts. You really have to listen closely to some of them if they are excited and talking fast.
Not that this has anything to do with boolits of course

Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's lighten up Dale is a fine person and just trying to inject a little humor here and I think get people to talking.
Dale I haven't heard from you in a while, how are things around your neck of the woods?
As far as cast bullets go I went out yesterday with a new Handi in 44 mag. w/iron sights. I can't do very good work with iron but the worst part was the heavy trigger pull.
The bullets were lino 300 grn swc loaded with a heavy dose of h-110. I fired about 25 rounds with no leading what so ever.
Now the next step is to mount a scope and lighten the trigger pull to 3 lbs. or so then maybe I can report on the accuracy of the cast bullets out of the Handi.
Later Wes

Posts: 60 | Location: texas | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm,

I was born and raised here in EASTERN Kentucky and while there are plenty of rednecked retards amongst us, most of us actually do have all our teeth, are not married to our first cousins and the family trees posess several limbs. I know many members of the Hatfield and McCoy clans, fine people for the most part. The womenfolk gave up their corncob pipes several years ago, though most still cook with lard (bacon grease damnit), know how to make a real pan of cornbread (a pone) and we feed corn middlin's (grits) to our hogs. We don't eat crawdads or have sandbriars or believe NASCAR is the space agency. Daniel Boone was a real person and Jeff Davis was born down in Hodgenville. Abe Lincoln's tribe just passed through on their way to Illinois. So far as talking southern.....well, that's up to who you are talking too. If you go anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon (that'd be the Ohio River), they think as everybody south of them as southerners. Go to Georgia and they'll call us Yankees...except to our face. There wasn't but one county in Kentucky that was entirely Union during the 'War' and that was Lewis (damn them all) and they had the gall to erect a statue to a Union soldier there....the only one in the state. You'll find that most of that 'southern' talk originates from the coastal states and areas.......like NC, SC, and eastern Georgia. The Viriginians have their own way of talking....as in 'oat and aboat' for out and about. So far as this hillbilly is concerned, the folks from central Kentucky and Tennessee have the most 'classic' southern gentleman drawl as is mimed in the movies. All the rest is a hemmorhage of the English language, not too far removed from the trash the decendents of the former slaves use today.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...PREACH ON, JUMP!!!!
Personally, I'm from west Texas, and speak fluent redneck.... I also speak close to grammatically correct English... we don't have accents down here... but if you get north of Amarillo, you're in Yankee territory...

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents;

Due to some mine closures in Tennessee, and some "job fairs" which my employer's people attended in that area, we have had a considerable influx of folks from that area to our gold mine in Nevada. These fine miners DO INDEED mostly have very heavy regional accents, but that fact does not diminish their sterling qualities as miners or as "just folks".

What the accents do accomplish is the addition of some extra 'flavor' to our days' work, along with OTHER accents from West Virginia, Texas, and other notable mining areas including Canada's North, and also their Maritime provinces. Ever heard a REAL "Newfie" accent (from Newfoundland)??? Rest assured, it is a LONG way from garden-variety English pronunciation.

I enjoy the accents, as they reflect the wonderful diversity and history of our country. I do NOT look down on anyone, ever, for the way they talk!

As for the term "redneck", I consider that to be a compliment in many ways, because so many rednecks are firmly grounded in the same beliefs I cherish, concerning patriotism, political correctness, and a host of other factors. I hope that I can be also classed as a "redneck", at least with honorary status if not the genuine article.

DE, good topic. When we have our Nevada Cast Bullet Shoots, with people from many different States in attendance, the accents do indeed run the gamut....but we all have our love for casting and shooting in common, and those interests cross all lines effortlessly.

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hornetguy,

You have to understand that a pile of Kentuckians went to Texas moons ago to help kick the Mexicans out and later to escape persecution after the Civil War. From what history was passed down through the family, many of my clan went to the Austin/Temple area after the CW and never came back. Later a few more followed them. Both of my great grandfather's traveled to Texas in wagons.....don't know if they were 'covered wagons' or not..har har, and both of them came back the same way. My maternal grandmother was born in Dallas in 1912. My paternal great grandfather had already been to Texas and back to Kentucky by 1885. They left out of Texas after a 'cyclone' took everything they owned and scattered it to the four winds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The Viriginians have their own way of talking....as in 'oat and aboat' for out and about.

I'm a Virginian, one of the 'oat and aboat" Virginians, in fact. That quirk of pronounciation was never typical of Virginia but was found in the Piedmont area. A linquistics professor once placed me within a 20 mile radius by my speech alone.

It's all dying now. TV killed it.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I consider myself an apprentice redneck. You can tell I'm not genuine but I exhibit some traits similar in nature to the real McCoy and I'm always willing to learn.

Incidentally, I know the origin of the phrase "That's the real McCoy" if anyone's interested...

Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hmmm.... Well, if I have insulted anyone here, I humbly apologize. I live in an area with a strange dialect. The people from Chicago think I am from the deep,deep south. The ones from Tennessee think I am a yankee. We have a lot of fun with this- and it is all at our own expense. And yes I have heard people talk like this. I grew up watching Sen. Sam Ervin...and he talked a lot like this. I worked on a construction crew of 'Uppers' ( is that spelled right? They were from upper Michigan.), a guy from Maine and a guy from S Carolina. I couldn't understand any of them. When they picked up a shovel...I did too. When they went to lunch, I did too.

As for being a redneck, I am one. I worked the oilfield- spudders and drilling rigs etc. , I worked construction and have been in 30 different power stations or chemical plants. I have built pole barns and houses. I have farmed and worked for the road commissioner running graders and mowers and the like. I have a class 'A' truck license ( with doubles or tankers with hazmat rider)( I used to drive acid tankers.)When I camp out, I don't take a tent or anything like that. Throw your sleeping bag on the ground and you are ready. Just so you don't think that rednecks are stupid or lazy, I have an extra class ham radio license (KB9SRQ)which is as high as you can go ( radio theory gets real interesting at that testing level. I couldn't do the 20 word per minute morse code test, but had 13 WPM when they dropped the standard back to 12 WPM), and completed the state course for firearms that aux. police had to take ( ESDA for 5 or 6 years). I studied Karate for 17 years ( I wasn't good but it was good exercise and the instructor was the best.) I am also an english tutor...I have taught people from China, South America, and ,right now, Germany to speak english. No, My english isn't perfect. But I try. And yes, I can speak a little German.
Somehow, some of you have struck a nerve on this. I meant to be completely innocent and harmless. Doesn't 'just for fun' and 'lets do this with kindness and gentleness' have meaning? Is everyone so stressed that they can't take a little joke? Sorry for the rant...but I think I am owed an apology on this one. Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hmmm... I read your posts again and then read mine..I overreacted....Sorry guys. I want to be friends with you all ( careful, don't read that too fast or someone will accuse me of talking southern! for those of you who are 'southern challenged' ..y'all- get it?) I just like to have fun... you know giggle and grin!

Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale, I'm a Southerner and a redneck by inclination, not by birth. When I first read your post,
it went over like a turd in a punchbowl. But then, I considered the source -- I know you are
not a mean-spirited sort of a person, and I know you intended it as a light-hearted attempt for
some friendly banter. Had the same post come from someone else, I would have been offended.

I think a lot of the sensitivity comes from the snooty comments we see on TV all the time by
idiots with $100 haircuts and professionally manicured fingernails. Those talking heads seem to
think that anyone who thinks before he shoots off his mouth, or who speaks slowly, is stupid.
Those are the people we like to trade horses with. <GGG> There's a huge rift in this country
between urbanites and rural folk, where the city jerks think they can steal and run roughshod
over people like me and my country brethern. Our hackles rise when we hear their arrogant
opinions of us. We don't "pack the caa at haavad yaad or in Cuber," but we sure are a helluva
lot smarter and better people than they are.

No offense taken here, and I hope none was given.

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I didn't see anything but a little fun in it. But since you do, I ask that this entire thread be removed. ( How do we do that? call the Moderator?) Sorry All! Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
DE Hillyer. Apology, not accepted, as none was required sir. I'm Canadian, so perhaps there was less reason for my hackles to be raised. It still rings home with me however, and I'm going to get something off my chest. We belong to a sport that I've always said, "swims in a sea of testosterone". I used to shoot olympic handgun disciplines, ( .22's) Other shooters frequently made remarks to the effect that one day I'd graduate to real guns, then there's the guy that thinks he's more of a man, because he shoots a bigger rifle than you. Then there's the guy that owns more guns, or is more of a traditionalist. A while back a guy made a smart remark here, about my owning 1 gun, since several posts had been about that particular rifle, Actually I have 19 registered and 3 unregistered. (they'd have to find them).
Reguarding your attempt to get a little friendly campfire conversation going,I have little time for such sniping. The fact is that almost anyone 300 mi. from home has an accent. Even as a foriegner, I understand where DE Hillier was coming from, toungue planted firmly in cheek.
Someone mentioned Canadian "Newfies". They speak with an Irish accent 300-400 yrs. removed, when they talk slowly, which is never, you can almost understand them. A finer, harder working, quicker wit, with a sense of humour, always ready to laugh at themselves first, you'll rarely meet.
Perhaps, however, we should cut the fellow that threw the first punch a little slack. He's new and perhaps still hasn't learned that an overdose of testosterone, isn't required when dealing with the cast boolit crew, as most may be a little more civilized than he's used to meeting. Feeling better already. Ron.D

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrie Ont. Can. | Registered: 20 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lets do this. Lets type like the words should be so we can read it. There will be some misspelled words ocassionally but lets not intentionally do it.

If we want comedy we can watch it on TV. If we want to see a play we can buy tickets to the local theater, etc.

I have a buddy that has people in Dayton OH. and they call an airplane an earplane. IT IS SPELLED "AIRPLANE." Get is GET not GIT. Your's is not URINE. His is not Hisin.

If you want to be on HeeHaw start up the program again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Wes! Nice to hear from you. We never did finish the little project we were on. Email me if you want to do some more.

To Me Plat: Let us start again. My name is Dale and my humor is a little... different. Let us be friends. ok?

To all of you guys...although we have never met...I think of you all as new friends.

To Ron D. Hi. I read your post and it was therapy to me. I understand completely.

I changed jobs from 35 miles east of home to 25 miles west. This guy told me he needed a 'chock'. Ok, I looked and looked. No chock. (Where I did work, a chock was a shaped piece of wood with a handle on it that you put between the wheels of your truck to keep it from rolling when parked.) He looked at me like I was stupid ( I get that a lot) and pointed to what my foot was resting on. A 4x4 piece of wood that you set bundles of wood on to stack so the forks of your forktruck could slide out. That was 'his' chock. In the oilfield, you have 'handsocks' ( gloves) ( the Germans call them ' handshoes') and 'tight holes' (which is where no information about the well is to be given out) and 'kitties' ( which are kitty cats or catapiller tracters)( If someone tells you to get your kitty and drag the center tub up- he's not going to wash your pet. The center tub is 40 " long and full of drill collers. Drill collers are steel drill pipe 30' feet long and about 9" inches thick . When you 'drag the tub up', you push it up close to the rig where you can get pipe out of it. I can't remember but 10 collers and a tub are about all you want to put on a tracter trailer.)I won't get into 'whipstocks' or 'frac' jobs.

hmm... better quit....Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
NO, don't remove the thread! I wasn't offended, really don't think anybody was. This is a big country and there are folks from every corner who mangle the King's English in their own way. I am very comfortable amongst my own 'kind' and a whole lot less so amongst strangers. Doesn't mean I don't like them, just that generally they think I am stupid because their way is the right way and anything contrary is incorrect, abhorent, etc., etc. As Me Plat pointed out...we mustn't say or write words incorrectly. Reminds me of an old-timer I recall from my childhood; he was uneducated and could barely scribble his own name and his oft comment was, "I can write readin' (his name), but I can't read writin'. Translated: I can write my name, but can't read another word. I guess that made him a stupid hillbilly. Had he went up 'narth' to get a job in the auto factories, that is how he would have been regarded until he smacked the piss out of a couple 'smart' asses. Respect is gained in many different ways.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Every person on earth speaks with an accent. I remember in an anthropology class our professor telling us if you split a group of people in two and isolated them for 100 years they would speak two different languages. One group wouldn't understand a word someone from the other group spoke.

The accent/dialect of "descendants of former slaves" is no less a valid accent/dialect than that of descendants of Mayflower passengers who still happen to live near Plymouth Rock.

Posts: 108 | Location: Northcentral Louisiana | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having a joke fall flat happens sometimes. Not making jokes is not the answer, things would be get real stale if we do it that way. Sometimes you just sigh and say "well that fell over it's own feet" and roll on.

BTW, I spent some pre-grade school growing up time in rural tidewater Virginia around Norfork and I can still remember Mumma getting all upset when a moos got inta the hoos and ate some of the cherioos unner the kutcun cubbard.

I learned to crab properly using a string and a chucken nuck with a long handled net to scup 'em up width and to eat raw oysters at the neighborhood oyster shuckn and to gig founder off a lantern (jacklight flounder on the mud flats by laying over the bow of a flat bottomed boat armed with a single barb long handled gig) and I likely got my love for "bottom fushn" from that part of my life, too.

(brown peat and black mud and saw edged marsh grass, fiddler crabs and blue crabs and flounder and coakers. I was too young to have a string of muskrat traps like my older brother did)

And I am still alive today because my neighbor's daddy went out on the brackwater canal ice to "fush my young arse outta wadder" when me and my buddies went out on the thin ice when it wasn't quite ready yet out in the middle.

Today, they would have rung 911 all in a panic and I'd have drown long before the rescue squad even got there. Mr. Paul just grabbed a long handled oar-lock oar off a boat and went on out after me. He was a real tidewater Virginian, right down to his high top leather red rubber soled mud boots.

Those were excellent people and some VERY good times, and yes it no longer exists -- the entire old neighborhood area is all condominums now. All the wooden framed houses were pulled down long ago.

And that thick tidewater Virginia accent does not exist any more either, except in my fond memories.

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't validate any dialect that goes like, "hey bro, what be happenun MOFO! Le's smoke some rock an' rap awhile. Muh bitch she done be gone to de weyfare offits to see why dey be late wif my mutha f*ckin check and my black ass feels like gettin low, man. Pass de pipe and set fire to de stone."

That's a valid dialect? BULLSHIT!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale you have PM

Thanks Wes

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

That's a valid dialect? BULLSHIT!

Yup, that's a valid dialect. Language need not conform to your prejudices.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay LODJ,

establish your grounds on justifying the valdity of slang as a dialect.

Just because some poor, mistreated minority, the descendents of innocent Africans, captured in their youth and carried away to the colonies to serve the E-vil white man, later Emancipated but woefully discrimanated against.......boo-hoo-hoo and now living in a Government Project and drawing SSI, doesn't give them the right to claim abject slang as a dialect.

I suppose your anthropology professor also told you that when the Africans climbed down out of the banana tree and into the watermelon patch, that put them on equal footing with European man, ie., of da Vinci, Galileo, Shakespeare, Plato and Freud, to name a few.

One thing they never taught you and me in college, but I later learned on my own, is to NOT believe everything your told, especially when spieled by some left wing Liberal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

DIALECT noun 1. A language modified by local peculiarities; a provincial mode of speach or pronunciation: distinguished from literary or standard speach. 2. Any given mode or use of language, peculiar to a given class, proffession or trade; cant; jargon. 3. A language developed from a root language, but having distinctive vocabulary, pronunciattion, forms and idom, while retaining recognizable elements of the parent; a linguistic branch; as any of the romance languages are dialects of Latin.

Look that up in YOUR Funk & Wagnalls, I did.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DE Hillyer: Do you have anymore suggestions concerning us uncouth, mentally impaired, slow witted, slow talking, barefoot, bib overall wearing, tobacco chewing, inbred, dirty, smelly, populace of the South?

one of us
posted Hide Post
trk,

Thank you for very succintley pointing out the use of a Funk and Wagnals, your guile towards me is so very thinly veiled, that you should drop the pretense of civility.

Therefore, I guess that's it; all you have to do is slur a given language and it becomes a BONAFIDE dialect, F&W says so and who can argue with that?

Dat be right, MOFO. Duh homies be speakin' jive cuz it be they dialex.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well,well,well...hmmmm... I had no evil intent in my post but still I have sincerely apologized twice,have offered you mercy and have offered you the chance to offer me mercy. But you want none of that. If two apologies are not enough, 2 million won't be either.

So lets look at a few facts... I post here at the pleasure of the owners of this site and the moderators. If you are one of these, please tell so I know. If the owners or moderators say but a single time to stop what I do, I will obey immediately.

I don't know why you want to stir this pot. I offered you friendship- a sincere offer I might add. I have seen this on other boards- someone who likes to stir up trouble. But I don't think that will work here. Too many thinking people. I don't ask you to read my posts...in fact I would prefer you didn't. Since it is attention you crave, I think the best route is to ignore you completely. Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
DE Hillyer. Please take a few seconds and click on his name. The boys on the single shot pistol forum are a little quicker than us I guess. Mr. ME Plat was labelled a troll after his first post there. Perhaps we can be forgiven for being so slow, since we may not be as suspicious by nature, I don't know. I really don't like to get into P**sing contests, however I can't stand idly by and let some loudmouth run decent people out of town either. This forum will wind with 3 bullies sitting around the campfire telling each other how wonderful they all are, ad infinitum. Ron.D

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrie Ont. Can. | Registered: 20 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron! Thanks. I did a little checking- had a few laughs!The saying we have around here is "some people's kids!"!

I say, "Let us all return to our ways of kindness and gentleness- to pursue our passions as we see fit."

Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... your guile towards me is so very thinly veiled, that you should drop the pretense of civility.

Sorry, Jump. No emotion. You laid down the challange in the form of asking for a proof, to that I responded. Interpret the definition any way you want, there are others.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DE Hillyer: Your opinion of me bothers me not one whit.
Sure I have been into it with several not only on this board but others.. It generally starts out with me saying something the clique doesn't like and it escalates into a big mess. On the singleshot forum I asked a simple question as to why people only wanted to show benchrest groups but never what they can do offhand or from field rests.. It was on then.
No one wants to concede that practical accuracy is a combination of shooter,ammo and the gun they just want to overwhelm and cause people to marvel at their benchrest groups.
Remember I just asked an HONEST question and the singleshot boys over reacted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
hmmm.... in this post you don't seem too bad. I hate to say it but I agree with you. I shoot very ,very little benchrest....I am more interested in what I ( me ,my rifle , and ammo) can do in 'field' conditions. A friend 'campaigned ' a 3 moa rifle/ammo combo several years ago on the hi power silhouette course. He did really well with it too. It has always been "the nut behind the butt" or 'The jerk on the trigger". I think it was Chuck Taylor who said, "Money won't buy accuracy- only rifles capable of it."

But back to the subject at hand. I have no hate in my heart for you...but your style of 'writing' (which is exactly what you condemned me for) can sure be taken the wrong way. You said you just asked an honest question on the other board. So why did you continue the diatribe when I gave you an 'honest' answer on this one? Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
DE HILLYER: So many time people use the excuse " I didn't mean anything by it" when they do. Just like when one says something at work or else where that get someones hackles up they use that excuse. May be that is true but I have found many times it isn't. On something like a forum no one knows if someone is sincere or not that is the reason we need to be careful. That is the reason I am blunt so people will know if I mean it or not and they won't have to guess. That approach still gets me into trouble at times too but I have found it to be the best approach for me.
I've also found racism hidden in several post on most forums too. It may be cleverly hidden but it is there.
Maybe you are sincere in your explanation in your motive behind the Southern Slang, Dialect or whatever but we don't know for sure so we have to take you at you word.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't know me but condemned me anyway.

"May be that is true but I have found many times it isn't. On something like a forum no one knows if someone is sincere or not that is the reason we need to be careful. "

An honest question- Were you being careful here? Did you go read my 160 something posts and decide I was the person for you to abuse? Maybe you better go look in the mirror here. You were the one so quick to condemn and so fast to judge.

"I've also found racism hidden in several post on most forums too. It may be cleverly hidden but it is there.
Maybe you are sincere in your explanation in your motive behind the Southern Slang, Dialect or whatever but we don't know for sure so we have to take you at you word. "

And how did you drag racism into this? I can make you look pretty silly on that one. You want some pictures of me and some pretty important kids in my life?

And..."we"? Who are "we"? You won't even post your first name. Or the state you love in. And you are worried about truth and honesty in my posts? Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
"You don't know me but condemned me anyway. "

I did not condemn you. Just letting you wear the shoe if it fits.

"An honest question- Were you being careful here? Did you go read my 160 something posts and decide I was the person for you to abuse? Maybe you better go look in the mirror here. You were the one so quick to condemn and so fast to judge."

No I wasn't being careful. Like I said I am blunt. Don't like it let it be.
Did I judge you? I don't even know you. Be careful now you tree is bearing fruit.

"And how did you drag racism into this? I can make you look pretty silly on that one. You want some pictures of me and some pretty important kids in my life?"

Did I say you interjected racism into your post? No I did not. I said I have found it in posts on forums. Carefully hidden that is. Carefully read before replying please.
As far as pics are concerned I don't care what color you are or your important kids are as we are all Gods creation and as such color should have no importance in whether someone is liked or not.

"And..."we"? Who are "we"? You won't even post your first name. Or the state you love in. And you are worried about truth and honesty in my posts? Dale"

My name is not important as many will make up a name to use. I prefer to keep it honest and not publish it because it is none of anyones business. Same goes for my e-mail address. Anyone can sign up on Yahoo as anyone they want. Does that make them honest?

Now I am content to let this lie but you seem to want to continue.

Remember I don't know you and have NEVER condemned you. Why should you feel that way is beyond me.

You were the one making southerners feel like they were the ones hit by the idiot stick.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Alright ME PLAT. We have to disengage somewhere. No more of this. Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
DE, I hate to see this thread sned this way, there were so many wonderful possiblities. Before I lost my teeth, folks around here would say I was a Yankee, I enunciated to well to be local, and apparently the idea of a fella from Georgia speaking so clearly eluded folks too. I had good teachers I guess. The time I spent in Virginia, I was ofen chided for my southern drawl......go figure that one out.

These days, the best laugh I get from folks is dropping out my teeth and saying in the best gummed up drawl I can manage..."AH just wanna see Santy Claws squeeze his fat ass down my chimny" (of course print doesn't to it justice) All in the room, Southerner and Yankee alike have a good belly laugh. I steer clear of folks that can't laugh at themselves, I also steer clear of those that can't handle a good Polish joke, and to any what don't like ma englesh, Shut yo eyes.

Posts: 409 | Location: Mentone. Alabama | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Okay LODJ,

trk posted the definition, but my qualifications for an opinion on this subject consist of some years of study of the nature and evolution of language, a couple of degrees, and my occasional contributions to the Dictionary of American Regional English.

And what are yours?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale and All please ignore this one. I have had all I can stand from this Richard Cranium, Me-Plat...I don't have enough words to call this S.O.B. other than that... Dale is one of the finest people on the web that I know he helps anyone and everyone that asks or needs it and he doesn't deserve the crap that this stupid troll is dishing out.
So Me-Plat or what ever you are going by now why don't you go piss up a rope... I do no that I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your teeth were on fire why don't you just go away??????
I really don't like to be this way but this person has left most of us no other choice. Sorry to all but this one individual...........