Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTK after market Lyman Mould Handles
 Login/Join

posted
About a year ago I found a source that had mould handles to fit Lyman moulds. These handles were made of flat steel stock and required lock washers to take up slack on the Lyman moulds as these handles were narrrower than the Lyman. The seller had a website were he also dealt in Under Hammer Muzzle Loaders. A set of three handles sold for approx. $20. I have had great success using them and would like to purchase additional ones, anybody recall the web site or know if they are still available! Thanks in advance

Posts: 13 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He sells them on either ebay or auction arms. They are Lee handles.

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rikkit:
About a year ago I found a source that had mould handles to fit Lyman moulds. These handles were made of flat steel stock and required lock washers to take up slack on the Lyman moulds as these handles were narrrower than the Lyman. The seller had a website were he also dealt in Under Hammer Muzzle Loaders. A set of three handles sold for approx. $20. I have had great success using them and would like to purchase additional ones, anybody recall the web site or know if they are still available! Thanks in advance

I use a Lachmiller handle for several applications and like the Lee the blade is much narrower [overall Q is the best]. I install the handle, shim the blade to one side and pour alloy into the recess with the mold closed tightly. Makes the ultimate custom fit reducing pin and mating hole wear to zilch with proper lubing.

Lachmiller FWIW is otta business for decades.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote