New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mail order Moulds.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can any of the US members here recommend an online store that will sell and ship moulds to Australia. I have searched and cannot find many in the size I am after.

I am after a 158gr in .358, and a 170 - 190 grainer in .309. I would prefer something cheap like a lee mould and handles. I am new to casting and would like a few entry level moulds to get a feel for it. Do any stores sell online the full Lee mould catalog?

Doc1972.

Posts: 91 | Location: Brisbane, Australia. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc you could also contact Lee direct and order from them I think they allow that? Otherwise they also have a list of dealers online that may help. As BAW stated Midsouth is good Also Midway and Graf and Sons. all three links are at the Lee site http://www.leeprecision.com Jim

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MidSouth is as good as any. Bad Ass says they will ship to Australia and he is our go-to man on matters Australian. Direct from Lee is way overpriced compared to MidSouth prices.

Doc, you might want to talk to us a bit about your needs and what you are shooting before you decide on moulds. If you want that .358 for a carbine, as I suspect you do, you should probably get a gas checked version. You might also do better with a .311 mould than a .309. Depends on what you are shooting.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mate,

I have to ask, what is wrong with CBE down under? I have ordered a .310 Cadet mould from them and it is a super quality product. Sad thing about ordering either way across the pond, is the shipping costs.

I'll catch hell for saying so, but you're better off to spend your money on a quality mould to begin with and bypass the Lee's altogether. Grafs is an excellent place here in the states to buy casting goodies.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys thanks for the advice, I'll look into all of the info provided. This casting thing looks very interesting and seems to add another dimension to reloading.

Doc1972.

Posts: 91 | Location: Brisbane, Australia. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote