New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loyd the small
 Login/Join

<marrfam>
posted
machine that magama makes is wich is the master caster is 625.00 with out mould. Mould conversion for the machine run between 30 and 40 dollars.Here is a picture. Magma  -

one of us
posted Hide Post
thats something I could afford someday soon Have you ever seen or tried the Ballistic cast unit do you know how it compares
quote:
Originally posted by Billy from BBT:
machine that magama makes is wich is the master caster is 625.00 with out mould. Mould conversion for the machine run between 30 and 40 dollars.Here is a picture. Magma  -

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
<marrfam>
posted
I here they are pretty good but I have not tried one or seen one work. I can say that the magma stuff is very well built. I have there 40lb pot for some of my stranger stuff. and the machine. I have come to love the moulds next to NEI moulds I have not seen any better.

one of us
posted Hide Post
is there a way that they cool the mold it seems to me that with production like there advertising that the mold would overheat especially the bigger molds

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
<marrfam>
posted
yep the way they cool the mould is via a fan. Look at the picture again and that round thing infront of the melting pot is the fan. The bigger machine has two. I rarely have to use mine as I try to keep production at about half speed.As the one you are looking at you still run it by hand you control the rate of bullet making. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
now all i have to do is stop buying guns long enough to be able to afford it!!

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Lloyd Smale,
now all i have to do is stop buying guns long enough to be able to afford it!![/QUOTE]

I'll be curious to see that my friend [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote