Find
Notify
Tools

Re: oversize 30 bullet design
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
[

Instead of the 310 to 304 we would be looking at a 308 to 304 taper right? Just wondering ? I will leave the details to the ones here in the know. I just know that the over size 30 would work well in my Marlin levers and any mil- surp that I have or may come my way.Hmmm wonder if a guy could stuff this long bullet in a 7.62x39 and run it in a SKS? Have run 175 gr cast thru a SKS. Slam fired full auto cast bullet shooter not good and makes if hard to fine all your brass.

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time to post a final design and start collecting checks???

They don't start coming out of the bushes to sign up until you go shake them limbs a little. Somebody is going to have to tout this thing on the lever gun boards as about half your takers are likely to be as yet unsatisfied microgroove guys.

The rest of the group will come from the Rooski/Argie/Smelly sorts on the cruffer boards and the cast bullet boards.

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi All! A .304 to .308 or bigger....I'm in! Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Just started school back up this week. I'll get the drawing updated to .304 to .308" and post an order form. I'll collect checks and post the zips. If we get 25 orders, then it's a go, if not then we'll go from there.

I wish Lee would hurry up on the 30TL and the 45PP. Did the 25 ever get enough to order?

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldfeller,
I shoot Ruskies and Argies instead of Microgroove's, but the wife hasn't mentioned anything about the smellies. Maybe I should ask her?

Ernie

Posts: 52 | Location: Spring Creek, NV | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rule # 4 in the Husband's Handbook:

#4 -- It is easier to get FORGIVENESS than permission.

<g> Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Rule # 4 in the Husband's Handbook:
#4 -- It is easier to get FORGIVENESS than permission.
<g> Oldfeller

That's exactly the rule I envoked when I found my 70 cal Howdah.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys..I want in..consider this a committment. What is the final design and how many holes in the mold? Let me know where to send the money.

Posts: 263 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote