New
Find
Notify
Tools

Same Ole Same Ole
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I see the big know it all Larry Gibson over on the Castboolits forum has yet managed to shut down another thread. The moderators over there will never learn their lesson. Biggest reason I'd never be a member of that forum. I'd advise anyone that is going to post about rifling twist and rpm don't waste your time there. King of the Hill won't stand for it and have your run off or close the thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you skipped the part about him beating you down first then dragging your name through the mud and then getting the thread closed so no one can share any information or success without doing it his way.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I didn't post it here, but that is so true. I also didn't post how his tests done in the past are all bogus because he didn't know how to cast so was using inferior bullets for his testing which he claims being so scientifically done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So why is it on a recent forum on Castboolits Larry Gibson will only answer a BC question on Goodsteel's forum? Isn't a member of the CB forum suppose to be helping members of that forum? Isn't the real reason Gibson is such a braggart, brow beater, run people off sort of a guy and he doesn't want to get into any trouble on the CB forum?

Question: if your favorite News channel kept editing their news do you think you would start to not believe what they report? Well look at how many of his posts that Gibson edits. High percentage!!!

CB moderators WAKE UP. You guys banned him once for the same shit he's doing again to the exact "T" that he done it before.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those folks seem to be brain dead. Reminds me of the political front we have now... same agenda.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Once again they ban anyone speaking out against LG..... now it's gearnasher. The LG forum is alive and banning folks.

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I only go to Castboolits a few times a year. Sounds like the same people that screwed up this wibsite are working on screwing up Castboolits

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean Gibson, Pat I, Idabull Mike? Gibson is a phoney.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
R.I.P Castboolit forum. It is now Gibsonboolet forum, solely about and for one braggart man. Wonder how much money No 1 got for it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronnie1950:
R.I.P Castboolit forum. It is now Gibsonboolet forum, solely about and for one braggart man. Wonder how much money No 1 got for it?

Doesn't seem to bother him as he has this tag line:
"Things always get better once thought, time, and money are applied in the correct amounts at the correct time"
- No_1 -
When you get to that point, doing anything to anybody is possible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Castboolits is banning a lot of good people. Runfiverun was just banned. The one they should have banned was the little runt that causes all the trouble.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder what the cost was to sell your soul like that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By LG on the CB forum: I also prefer to use cerosafe. When used correctly as per the instructions it works very well, better than the pound impressions I used to make. Nice thing is the cerosafe can be used over and over. It also is excellent to remove a separated case stuck in the chamber.

**Yeah no wonder why, you never could do anything mechanically correctly. You're not real bright! Just like your failed casting and using bad bullets for your professional scientific testing! What a freaking joke. All you are is a runt with an Oehler chronograph and strain gage. A pound cast is just as good or better then a cerosafe cast IF you know how to do it, which you DON'T. Besides that cerosafe changes dimensions after a while and you can't measure off it with any accuracy anymore.

Now on your phoney 600 yard XCB thread Kens said this:

Larry,
If you run 308W brass thru a 300Savage FL die, you get about the same result?? Headspace it to standard 300Sav, size with standard 300Sav dies, with just a longer throat to suit?
I had asked about this on a similar forum and got all sorts of answers why it couldn't be done.

Your reply was:kens

I never said you couldn't form cases that way or chamber a rifle that way, there's no reason you can't do it that way. Do it that way if you want. You ask on other threads and now on this thread (nothing to do with the topic of this thread BTW) about the 308 CBC. I told you the reasons I did what I did to make my own 308 CBC. You do want to do it your way, fine. I did it my way and I gave you the honest reasons why I chose to make the 308 CBC the way I did.

Don't understand you having heartburn over me not doing what you'd do, especially when I made my 308 CBC years before you made your suggestion on this forum of how you'd do it.....

How about we stick to the topic of this thread? By all means make your version of the cartridge and build your own rifle for it. Then develop a good cast bullet load at 2900 fps and go shoot at 600 yards. Then we can compare accuracy of your cartridge vs. the 30x60, which I used in this thread, at 600 yards.....

*** what a way to treat another person. He doesn't have heartburn over it, you do runt!! It has to be your way or no way. You're a real pike of dung...a short pile!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if Kens looked up what runfiverun wrote about the idea he proposes he can see how to do it.
the 308 into the 300 savage gives him a higher pressure 30-30 round which is easily capable of 2500 fps with a 170-180gr bullet.

Larry has the green light to treat anybody there however he wants, and he is going to take full advantage of it.

it won't take long for the place to be known as the best place to learn how to heat up a mold so you don't get wrinkles your second time casting.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
the 308 into the 300 savage gives him a higher pressure 30-30 round which is easily capable of 2500 fps with a 170-180gr bullet.

Larry has the green light to treat anybody there however he wants, and he is going to take full advantage of it.

it won't take long for the place to be known as the best place to learn how to heat up a mold so you don't get wrinkles your second time casting.

Actually it would be a 300 Savage long neck..... with full 300 Savage ballistics.

Pretty soon it will probably be referred to as gibson boolits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronnie1950:
Wow! Castboolits is banning a lot of good people. Runfiverun was just banned. The one they should have banned was the little runt that causes all the trouble.

i rarely visit that site anymore just for the attitudes there you mention. however....i do remember runfiverun was one of the good guys. shame.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree. 12 years ago it was a very interesting site.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Left many years ago, didn't get along with a couple of the moderators. Runfiverun a good guy? What you think Lamar?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, that's a little obvious being they're one in the same (just for information for you others that may not know).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray knows that...LOL
we been chatting back and forth off and on for ? what 9-10-12 years now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 2.1:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:

Actually it would be a 300 Savage long neck..... with full 300 Savage ballistics.

Pretty soon it will probably be referred to as gibson boolits.

You're right, it is referred to as GibsonCastboolets.

In fact here's the site!!!

Short on knowledge, short on truth, short on stature!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting rid of Runfiverun was like the Catholics getting rid of the Pope!!! Very good guy and very knowledgeable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool Vince!!! flame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vince, that's good chit right there. You ought to email that logo to Robert, he'd probably replace the old one with it since there's no reason for him to make a pretense any longer. We're all gone to (or made) better places now, doing better things.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geargnasher:
Vince, that's good chit right there. You ought to email that logo to Robert, he'd probably replace the old one with it since there's no reason for him to make a pretense any longer. We're all gone to (or made) better places now, doing better things.

Well hello Mr. GearGnasher. I would imagine with all of the Castboolit snoops around the internet gun forums that Robert already knows about it. I'll give Mr. Gibson one thing, he has quite a substantial record for getting people banned. Joe did get him banned from this forum though. LOL

Vince