New
Find
Notify
Tools

figured out my place!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Something had to be going on for the 10,2, and 4 pigs! I put up several cameras at different angles and distances. Squirrels!!!! The spinner plate at my place is not a centrifugal type. The squirrels access the corn when they want. They only eat the germ and drop the starchy part on the ground. Pigs do not care if the embryo is gone. Two squirrels hit the feeder at random 9,11,12.1,2 and 3pm on different days. 30 minutes to and hour later the pigs might show. Random squirrels, more random pigs! I sat there last night. I had to light the thermocell, skitters are out! 9:30 two small sows with a bunch of little ones showed! Excuse the blood, both sides were bad! 416 Ruger pokes holes. 89.9 pounds.

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Boy, that's perfect whole-pig roast size, either in the Three Guys from Miami Cuban concrete-block pig roaster or a La Caja China. Marinate overnight in a lime and garlic-rich mojo .. .
Live Oak, have you considered using cast bullets at reduced velocity for this work?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No thoughts on cast bullets. When I could get them Speer hot cores worked just fine and were reasonably priced. On a pig this size, unless the bullet hits major bone, it probably does not open up much. The entrance here was high on the right shoulder, picture is of the exit. I found some Barnes 350 gr 416 bullets next.

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote