Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Javelina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
A while back in BWW's post about his planned javelina hunt, I told fellow New Mexican Bill/Oregon that I planned to hunt javelina this year with an open-sighted revolver. I did just that last week, killing a nice sow with my Dan Wesson .357 Mag.

Not much to tell really. We left town early, drove a ways to the hunting location, and started glassing wide open country. About mid-morning, I spotted a small group about a half-mile out. We grabbed our gear and made the stalk, circling a small hill to get the wind right. We stalked in close enough for a couple good shots with the .357 and brought this nice sow to bag.

And, in my best Geedubya style, a knife pic (custom knife courtesy of a knifemaker who used to post here frequently).

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, good for ya.

Glad you made your goal.

Nice pictures too.

Thanks for sharing with us.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Nice one congrats!

Was this between Demming and the AZ border?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Awesome! Very much on my wish list to travel to the States and hunt javelin! Fantastic little creatures. Well done on taking one with a handgun and thanks for posting the super pictures!

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to gun fight a javelina at high noon.

Great going.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, DR! My thought is that javelina are perfect targets for an accurate .357 wheelgun.
Let's see, it is about time to apply for NM hunt tags ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote