New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good NIght
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
OK--friends home from overseas and their youngest daughter (16) wanted to go pig hunting. Took her to the range for a checkout on the M70 and no problems. Tuesday night we went for a sit--and got shut out. Then Thursday night (last night) we went back for another ambush. Over a 3-hour periods, it went something like this: Pig #1 shows up, Anna gets on the bipod and I'm waiting for the "boom" and then the hog strolls off. Pigs lead 1-0. She whispers to me "You told me about the adrenaline rush, but WOW!" Big Grin

Pig #2 shows up, without warning-just walking across our shooting lane silhouetted, without offering a shot--and the wind was twitchy so might have gotten a sniff. Pigs up 2-0. Pig #3 appears on the back side of the pen in the low light area, Anna puts on the ear muffs, gets on the shooting sticks, and I am watching thru the binocs. "CLICK" is all we hear and she gives me a "WTH?" look. I take the rifle, work the bolt, and both rounds are in the mag, so a failure to feed---ammo wasn't level or she didn't have the bolt all the way to the rear. Pigs lead 3-0. :-(

Just about at the stroke of midnight, there is another pig at the back side of the pen--repeat the process, and "BAM!" I hear the "whop" and see the pig's legs buckle in a cloud of dust. She can't see anything and all she wants to know is "Did I miss?" Tell her no but we are gonna sit and wait 5 minutes or so before walking down to the feed pen. Get down there and I see the hog laying dead, but she isn't really seeing a dead hog until we get within about 10', and then it is high 5 time. Nailed him in the head--first animal (other than a bird w/a pellet rifle) she's shot. Weight--173 lbs. and he had about an inch of dried caked mud on both sides, so would have been good arrow armor.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

posted Hide Post
Thats great, bet it won't be her last.

Posts: 62 | Location: Sugar Land, TX | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
nice meat hog Wink

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote