New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another pig picture
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had a large boar coming to my feeder at a friend's place so I sit for awhile last night. About 8:30 I heard the fence squeak which is a really good sign! In the moon light I saw a whole sounder coming in. I had tried the diesel on the corn idea in my pig trap and had a little left over so I poured it in the feeder pen to see it pigs would eat it. The sounder did not like that at all! I saw them run off, but after a while they circled around the whole feeder pen before easing in. The last one in was a really big, what I believed to be a sow. Just before I touched off the shot she moved, too late, fire! I saw her get up and slowly walked off. Before I could reload and get back on her, she was behind a limb. 416 Rigby, she did not go far! 162.6 pound very fat pregnant sow!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then you also got 8-10 bonus points! Good for you. and the 416.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus lots of corn for the next
round too.

Nice looking hog, clean and dead.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The "Live Oak Can" gets another photo op!
I think you and Bobby Tomek deserve some kind of award from the Lone Star State for your efforts at hog eradication.

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That one looks like it has some Russian in in it..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote