THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Wanted - place to hunt some daylight hogs with an AR member in Texas or....

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted - place to hunt some daylight hogs with an AR member in Texas or....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
… someplace around there. N. Texas, OK, etc. Landowner or private lease holder preferred. Hold harmless agreement with proof of personal insurance - no problem. A place within an hour of a hotel is preferred as well. Cash or a nice food gift has been what we did in the past before both my Texas hog hunting friends passed away.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Working on a Nilgai hunt in south Texas with an AR member for mid to late July. They also have daylight hog hunts and a lodge. This will be my first trip there but a good friend ha been there and may come along. When I get the website link , I can add that to this post.

There are also hogs available in southeast OK on an Indian reservation with nice lodge.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hi Charles,

I guess a commercial hunt is inevitable for me. Short notice - no problem.

I didn't forget about Choctaw. Still sounds nice albeit a high fence operation and the summer heat will be a challenge. Early morning sounds best. Plenty of acres to keep it interesting. Say when. Their minimum is 3 or 4 hunters.

July will stinkin' hot in S. Texas with the possibility of high humidity. A morning hunt sounds best. If that is possible, I'm in.
Hell, I may even go for a Nilgai hunt.

Ray

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
custombolt,
Sorry, but the hunt fell through due to schedule problems.
May have to wait till late summer or early fall till temps gp down as it is up in the 90s now.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
OK.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Daylight hogs are more a cool and cold weather thing in most of Texas. Well, we could have killed a couple two weeks ago sleeping in the mud, but that is unusual. This time of year they want to lay up in the coolest place they can find until dark.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
One has to dig them out or put a sneak on them into the wind if there is any. I'd probably have my fill of spot & stalk by about 8AM unless it's cooler than the norm. Luck of the weather as usual.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Still looking to drop some hogs if they'll let me into your southern state. Lots of re-closing going on due to Covid-19.