New
Find
Notify
Tools

bobby t
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
havent heard from bobby t lately. hope he is ok, anybody know?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I last heard either yesterday or day before that he's been having a bad time with his health. About as bad as it gets he said.

Hope it improves soon.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IKE
posted Hide Post
Bobby is good people....I also hope that he's doing well.

Posts: 230 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the concern. Today things are a little better. Maybe tomorrow will bring more of the same.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see you reporting in.

Hope it gets better soon for you.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your trials, Bobby. You are appreciated.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bobby, I agree. Hope you get to feeling better. BTW, I saw you found some 120 G. 6.5 bullets. The lowest weight I have is 140G. Nosler Partitions.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was the last I'd heard from him until I sent a note asking if he was still on top today.

He's had several more bad days, was feeling better this evening and had been sitting out hoping for a pig to show up in the lights. He was headed in as it was about to start misting.
Didn't want to get his rifle wet.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
anything new?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not in a week or so.

Last msg was having the shits for a few days.
\
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Got a message from a friend to take a look at this thread. Well, if anyone wondered before, now you know why George never pursued a career as a copy writer for greeting card companies. Big Grin (Just kidding, George!)

Yes, I have had chronic colitis for years among a variety of other health issues, and yes, I had a rather bad flare last week. But never did I think I'd open up a public forum to read about it in such eloquent form. rotflmo

I've been moving pretty slowly lately but am still here and still kicking, so to speak. I even threw a little lead downrange at some pork recently, though I didn't feel up to posting any results. I usually try and send George a phone picture but didn't even get to do that here lately.

Maybe soon I'll feel up to posting a bit more. ...and thanks for checking on me. It's appreciated.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby:
Don't let it get you down like I did.

Been going to send you a note the last few days.

Too many other things keep getting in the way.

I would have written it as: Calf scours, didn't think very many here would know what i was talking about.

good to see you posting.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't really know you, Bobby, but yet I'm pulling for better days ahead for you!
Our health is the only thing we have....or don't have.
Best of health-luck to you, sir.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
god bless and help heal what hurts you. I really enjoy your dealing with hogs and helping me open my eyes to lighter bullets working so well. 3030 is my friend and enjoying more each day. watch your topknot !!!!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bobby, glad you're still with us + my best wishes on your improving health. I have to take my wife in to the hospital tomorrow for a colonoscopy prior to her surgery next month. This ageing ain't for sissies.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy:
Best wishes just a bit of advice from experience.

Don't rely 100% on what that doc says.

One here sure let me down. Didn't find the cause,

said mine was clean and slick as a new pipe.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
You're in my prayers, too Bobby. Someday I'd love to have a Contender carbine just like one of yours, and in .30 WCF handloaded with light, fast bullets.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote