New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polish Chinas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
AS the title says! Hitting the feeder at the wife's place. Not real regular, but maybe I'll catch em one night. I did a total of 2021. I have a small crane scale that I try and weigh all the pigs I kill. I know I missed a few. Seems a shame because I only ate parts of a couple of small ones but that's the way it is! 4271.32 pounds of pork on the hoof.

poems that make you cry

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's a big pile of pork.

What was the count?

This scene looks like it needs a shotgun
with buckshot and a long magazine.

Thanks for sharing, now get after 'em!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you have a average weight.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
George,
That is an America hog breed named Poland China.
Max weight 500-600 pounds depending on sex.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland_China

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected its Poland China, My father in law called them polish china. They were black with white spots or white with black spots. Most domestic ones now are black with a little white. A few months ago I shot a solid white boar there, now spotted pigs! Same thing happened when I first started hunting my wife's place, 2009 I think. White boar then spotted pigs. Ended up killing a 225 spotted sow.

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't weigh all of mine, but do keep a count. 75 for 2021 and I need to increase that number for this year.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I counted pictures, 37 all shot. I know there are some I did not count. If I don't find them till the next morning, its a quick cell phone photo. Cell phone photos don't make it to the desk top sometime. I move them from the feeder to the bone yard. I built a receiver hitch crane/winch. Just a whole lot easier to make the move. A small crane scale adds 5 minutes. Works great for deer into the truck bed also!