New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got It Done Tonight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Deer season is over so I'm cleared back to the ranch to shoot hogs--Big Grin They came in before the feeder spun and left, but another group came in about 5 minutes later. Went through the routine, and let 'er rip. Watched the luminated nock head into the brush then stay stationary. After an easy track, found him. First kill of the new year and first kill with the new bow.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shot, sure made a bloody mess though.
How far was the shot?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an exit of a 12 gauge slug! What heads are you shooting?

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Distance was about 16 yds +/-

That is the entrance hole--exit was at the "elbow" on the off-side so it slid right through the plumbing nicely. Broadhead was a 150-gr Snuffer. First time I've used them.

Left a "Stevie Wonder" blood trail--easy follow.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well done, my friend! Looks like that 150 grain Snuffer did a heck of a job, too. Of course, your excellent shot placement sure didn't hurt, either! tu2 tu2

Congrats!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby--friend said I "snuffed" him-- rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the pig run into those tree's?

I've seen it happen with deer and elk is why I ask.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YEP--hit 3 different trees and sprayed blood drops on another, then ran thru a prickly pear cactus patch leaving blood smeared all over the pads.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only real snivel I have about using arrows and bolts on feral pigs is that they cost at least 7 and sometimes more than ten bucks apiece. Sometimes lost, others bent or broken but you get your broadhead back. Good arrow placement and those Snuffers must have been sharp!

Posts: 932 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gunsmoker--yep, an arrow shaft with a lighted nock and broadhead isn't cheap, but the aluminums are way cheaper than some of the shafts on the market now. And the price of the Snuffer (or my Bear Razorheads) won't hold a candle to the price of some of the mechanicals on the market now such as the Rage heads.

But, I have about 50 shafts and that means a lot of pigs (and deer) may catch one in the next few years.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Twin to the first boar in this thread--killed with the same broadhead as the first, but not the same arrow, and from the same tripod. Hit in the spine and I had to slit its throat--lesson learned is that I'll be carrying my pistola from now on. That long cut is where I tried to find my bh. Might find it once the buzzards and 'yotes get it cleaned off.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Another bites the dust...well done!!!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote