New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caught up with an elusive boar.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last night I caught up with a boar that just did not want to cooperate. I've been after him since 16 Jan 2022, just a few sporadic sightings on the cellular trail cams and he always seemed to be moving at a fairly quick step... he had NO interest in any bait we offered and would not approach the trap at all.
He and a rather lucky sow were part of a group of 11 we had become aware of in late December 2021 and trapped a portion, nine individuals, on 16 Jan 2022... we shot the sow on 28 Jan 2022 after four nights of hide and seek
He was a frustrating hog for sure, nearly always moving and didn't stay in any field very long... I'm pleased to be rid of him as is the farmer.
If I can catch up with the backhoe operator before he buries it I'll get a weight. (Edited: Just got a call, too late, already planted. Backhoe operator guessed 300 lbs... I figure 250 or so tops.)

Posts: 225 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice hog. Lots of girth on that one. Must have been eating like a hog.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah... he was eating volunteer (previous year sprouting) peanuts in a freshly planted corn field.

Posts: 225 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice color too! Dead red!!!!!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote