New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hog (Deer) Corn
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the availability of deer corn currently? What is corn selling for, and does a man do better pricewise buying deer corn from a Cabela's or Bass Pro, or from a small town feed store? Last time I bought any, I think I paid about $10.00 a bag.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can find a farm direct source the price is often better.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went with convenience. I stopped by Cabela's and picked up four bags. The 40# bag was still $10, same as last year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheaper by the ton!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A gift of four bags will be appreciated. I'm not sure 50 bags of corn would be as well received, plus a little hard to carry in the back of the SUV, but I have no doubt you are right about the price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Local Coop has corn going for $20 a hundred. Some of it has not been the best quality but it's just going on the ground! Yes George bulk is cheaper but recleaned is harder to find in bulk!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My local mill folks retired and have not looked for another source. I would put a spare plastic trash bin in the truck, fill it with about 600 lbs +/- and always beat the per bag cost per pound. But that meant I had to dip it out of the trash bin, then get it from the truck to the feeder and then carry it up the ladder to dump. 10 years ago I thought it was a deal, now my 76-y.o. back isn't so sure.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"