Find
Notify
Tools

NO hogs about lately??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sure been a long dead spell again.

Any of you hog killer's have any action lately?
OR is it just too damned hot down there too?

98 again today, this time of year it should be
cooling down a bit.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Caught the sounder of 10 last week, and have another bunch of around 10 in the area. As soon as I get some pics showing steady in the trap I will reset and catch them. Also a good boar and sow coming to the feeder--

But, last night was the same thing---a miss at a standing hog at about 85 yds shooting off sticks. Back to the range tomorrow and if the scope is still zeroed, I am going to switch it to another rifle. If it shoots on my M70, then it isn't the scope but the AR or the loose nut on the trigger. dancing

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been thru both pf those deals.

Hope you get it figured out soon.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
It has been too hot for me to hunt so far this summer, but I will try to catch up this fall and winter.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got skunked back in May (never saw a hog) and never ventured out again in the heat. My brother has continually seen hogs moving across his property. I plan to pay him a visit late this month. Before deer season I'll try it one more time south of the Red River.

Posts: 13761 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hogs go in groups, and cover lots of ground, so slow spells come and go, its chicken or guts and feathers..On my sisters ranch you can see hundreds in a week, then nothing for a couple or weeks to a month..I thought it was like that in most places??

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41780 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote