New
Find
Notify
Tools

They're Back
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is my local spot--just about 10 miles from the house. Time to unlimber the 12-ga and buckshot I guess and set both traps.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh, man, making my mouth water when I think of all the barbecue right there! Cool
(In fact, I am going to do my first smoked pork belly here today or tomorrow. dancing )

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are some good eatin’ sized porkers. I call them “perfect pit piggies”. However, there are few who will accept one so the majority end up on the buzzard buffet.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's heart-breaking to hear.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An old ,good friend of mine is a minister based in mason, Tx. He is also a hunter + when he scores multiple pigs, he knows who the poor folks in town are, + spreads the wealth. He guts them out, but They have to do the possessing themselves, but so far there are no complaints. A very good use to an overabundance of feral hogs. I just noticed today that the feral hog issue made the cover of Texas Monthly.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote