Find
Notify
Tools

bacon bits & the (temporary) 1-armed bandit
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted

Well, after a little stupidity yesterday, I injured my shoulder and now can't lift or move my right arm at all without significant pain, and my hand/arm are a bit swollen & off-colored. But I couldn't let that stop me from taking a peek outside for hogs.

And they cooperated.

A bit after 1 a.m, a group of shoats showed up at the feeder, and I was lucky enough to step outside while they were still there. Earlier today, we had to modify my shooting rest for now, and a gorilla bag across the tractor hood fit this one-armed shooter just fine.

Anyway, I had hoped for a double, but they wouldn't cooperate. So I picked by best shot presentation and sent a 130 grain Accubond through the neck of this little piggy. Suffice to say, she dropped on the spot.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9330 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Hpope the arm gets better soon, Good Job on the pig. tu2

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby the State of Texas owes you a debt of gratitude for your hog killing ways. I hope the arm heals quickly. Great shooting by the one armed bandit, but we've come to expect this.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you tell us about the light on top of your scope.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Matherne:
Can you tell us about the light on top of your scope.

It's the Elusive Wildlife Technologies XLR 250 Kill Light in red. They come individually or as a kit, which includes charger, 2 batteries (uses 1) and mounting options. In really good conditions, it'll get you to 200 yards. But I consider it more of a 175 yard tool. They are quite small, and I prefer using the plastic mount which can attach/detach in a matter of seconds.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9330 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way cool.

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Good shooting- helps to be left-handed.

Mend well.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
Good shooting- helps to be left-handed.

Mend well.

Thanks. Actually, I am right-handed but left eye-dominant.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there any glare in the scope from the light
mounted there?

Thanks,

Nice looking guns you have, quite a variety of colors too.

Glad you see you're still playing the game. Hope the shoulder isn't too badly hurt.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Looks like a perfect pig for the table, Bobby. Mend soon.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote