Find
Notify
Tools

wow a week and no hog posts??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have all you hog killers died off?

OR taken a long awaited trip to the beach?

Hope everyone's ok and just no hogs to shoot
at.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a whole lot showing up at my feeders! The wind has been wrong for the one that they are hitting. Crazy, wind blowing out of the north for three weeks! Beta had some to do with it but September cool fronts don't last that long! Thinking about sitting at my place tonight. The only way wind is wrong there is west to north west. It's blowing out of the north west right now! Friday night it's supposed to change from out of south south east. Perfect for my friend's place where they are hitting!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just too lazy and unmotivated---but thinking about a sit tomorrow night. Appearances are erratic, between 5:45 PM and 5 AM at my primary spot--

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ahh, at least there's a bit of life
still going on.

Dusty I know real well about the
unmotivated feelings. 8years of it
for me. Only way I'm surviving is on
here, texts and reading.

Man I wish I could get out there again.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
george--my lower back arthritis is worsening---almost to the point I am thinking of seeing a spine doc--

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One lonesome buck last night! The pigs had been on the place. They rooted up right where I drive the ATV to load it. Hoping the wind is out of the south east and the pigs show early at my friend's place tomorrow night!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Been doing lots of fishing lately. Checked trail cams and the hogs have moved off for the time being and i'm enjoying seeing how the whitetail look without their velvet.

I'm enjoying this cooler weather

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice weather up here too. Still in
the high 80-90 though. Even had our
first snow two weeks ago. 3" here,
over a foot in the hills.

Dusty: backs are miserable! Hope yours
isn't bad enough for butchering on.
End of June I had more screws put in mine.
Sure helped a lot but, didn't cure it all.

Might be you're just out of joint. I have
an upper one that gets out most days. Sometimes
I can pop it back in. Lots of spasms from that.

Best wishes with it. Let us know once you get
it xrayed.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Was out last night from 10.00 pm til 04.30 this morning sitting at a bait site. Nada, nothing, niente, nichts, nowt, rien!

Acorns and chestnuts everywhere by the zillions. Opened up 5 acorns with my Leatherman - everyone of them had a grub inside. The pigs will be chowing on the protein big time as we move into autumn and winter. No interest in maize at moment.

Farmers have all the maize and corn in. Some fennel, carrots and rape seed out but the pigs are not chowing on that at the moment.

Tough times! But I did count 60 European hares, so hopefully we will get a few days of rough shooting in later in the season!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Caught up now on farm work and getting ready for hog hunt. Calling Boars Nest today.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George---the back dx is arthritis and bulging disks at L4 and L5 but nothing that I will submit to the knife over. My problem is the weed eater and doing things I know I will pay the price for later, like 6-50lb sacks of corn.

Ride the bike 4 times per week and stay in lower body shape plus good aerobic conditioning--

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dusty:
Go easy it sure don't take much
at times to wreck things.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

one of us
posted Hide Post
The hogs are breathing easier.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep---giving them time to get comfortable before I get back in the seat, like maybe tonight or tomorrow.