New
Find
Notify
Tools

last night's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About 9:30 a sounder of 100 pound or smaller pork nuggets hit the feeder at my place. Dancing, prancing and vacuuming up the corn! Hoping to get two lined up but they were cleaning the ground way too fast! They were lined up but facing toward me and getting close to my side of the feeder. I will do a face on shot but still prefer a broad side "pumpkin" shot! The one messed up and turned broad side! 375 Ruger takes another! That's the exit.

Posts: 696 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Nice! The hogs haven't been here in a nearly 3 weeks. They're being ungracious dinner guests and not showing up LOL.

What bullet are you using in that rifle?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go---keep knocking them down.

Between Thanksgiving, putting up Christmas deco, residing the shed/workshop, and the never-ending "Honey-do" list, I've not been in a while. As the saying goes -- I feel the need--but for some time in the pasture in the dark. We'll see what the weeks holds for me--

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rate you're killing hogs it
won't be long til you need a new
can.

Where did it go in? Exits can do
strange things at times.

Good pictures.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have an incredible crop of acorns here in Central Texas. Is this keeping hogs (as well as deer) somewhat away from the corn feeders?

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
We have an incredible crop of acorns here in Central Texas. Is this keeping hogs (as well as deer) somewhat away from the corn feeders?

It does. Also, since it's deer season, there are lots of feeders going. Most of those folks will not feed a day after they kill their limit, so hogs have fewer easy opportunities after deer season.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only some of the live oaks around here had acorns, none of the post oak and black jacks did. Being all the corn on the ground, they just run from feeder to feeder if no one is hunting. I hit her in the center of the other shoulder. If the deer have been there and cleaned up the corn or there is a bunch of them they do not stay still long! Center the biggest kill zone and hope for the best!

Posts: 696 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote