Find
Notify
Tools

Hog damage in California
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
They need to declare a jihad, it would appear.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2...-1bf86aefb7-83258449

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's Kalifornia, not about to happen. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading the article, I can't help but wonder where the trapper will release them unharmed after they are relocated. Surely they won't be *gasp* terminated - or even neutered and released like so many cats...

Whenever I wonder what Californians might do, I just look at nearby Austin and gauge by their reactions.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Acer, sorry Austin has gone down that pathetic path ...

Frowner

– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes - a few years ago the refuge where I work wanted to do some helicopter pig control, and because we are federal, we put out press releases and requested public comment. Boy did we get it! Enough that the boss at that time decided it wasn't worth giving the Austinites something to focus on.

Interesting though to see how some folks think - anthropomorphizing even feral hogs!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Acer, it is one of the sicknesses of the present age. There is an "Austin" in so many states that wrecks the vibe for normal people and casts a pall over public policy and especially wildlife management -- San Francisco in Kali, Portland in Oregon, Seattle in Washington ad nauseum.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Denver in CO.

You missed that one Bill.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
George, we certainly have to include Boulder, too!

hilbily

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill:I discount those idgits
Because they're stupid enough
to "adopt prairie dog colonies"

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a small gathering of wild pigs in the Santa Ana River bottom. Game warden says they're untouchable...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14371 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
High five to the Lord for making pigs. Delicious, Ugly and plentiful for hunting.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote