New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win Maged another?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wait, that's not right! Checked the cameras at the wife's place and had some "pork nuggets" coming in when it is still light. I have a clumper 300 Win Mag that is a safe queen, decided to take it last evening. Deer had been there awhile so I know there was little if any corn left when I saw them come running! The biggest one, I believed to be sow took her sweet time to slip under the fence. Shot, Pigs went everywhere! One was running away, so I did a hail mary but never saw it go down. I found blood, some bright orange and some very dark. Caught lungs, liver, and probably intestines. Blood trailing starts with a flashlight. Twice I almost quit but went back and picked it up again. Finally found her, she ran a long way! 100 to 125, dinner was getting cold so I did not weigh her! Violated my own rules ; always use enough gun!!!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well done! Sometimes they can make you scratch your head in wonderment when they make it that far -- and sometimes it doesn't seem to matter what you hit them with.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Main thing is the result of a
dead hog.

I like the facial feature. Breaks
up the monotony of all the same.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote