Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a TROPHY boar
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I'm hoping to find a place to shoot a legitimate TROPHY boar. By trophy boar, I mean something 250+ lbs with very nice tusks to put on the wall. I'm only interested in a "good looking" hog (I know that's an oxymoron)....meaning I'm not interested in some 500 lb. floppy-eared domestic hog.

I've killed plenty of pigs in my life (including two that were around 300 lbs), but none with decent tusks. I'm fine with a high fenced operation as long as it's not a pen. It seems like there used to be a lot more places that offered trophy hog hunts, but there seem to be far fewer now.

I would prefer that it be in Texas, but am willing to drive to Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana if necessary. I'm already aware of a few places like Dos Plumas Ranch, Texas Hunt Lodge, and No Mercy Hunting Service (Oklahoma).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

If you are willing to travel - Turkey has monster free range European boars. Regularly they are taking boars of 150 kgs / 330 lbs plus with tusk 23 cms / 9 inches plus. Mostly hunted at nigh over baits and not an expensive hunt by African standards. That would get my vote!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eland Slayer, if you will travel to TN, look no further than Spartan Hunting Preserve in Grandview. From personal experience and results, I can't recommend them enough. First class operation from start to finish. Contact Mitch Kemmer at spartanpreserve@yahoo.com. BTW I have no connection to them except as a one time hunter there. Would love to go again. You won't be disappointed!

Defend the 2A - if you can't fight for your rights you don't have any!

Posts: 66 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 04 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Size of pig and size of tusks are not relative, maybe you already knew that ?

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eland Slayer, did you collect a good boar yet? I've been lucky enough to have bagged a few. It was 385lbs on the hoof. Shoulder mounted with the real tusks. I don't know how to post pictures. I could text you a photo if you want to take a peek.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

If you are willing to travel - Turkey has monster free range European boars. Regularly they are taking boars of 150 kgs / 330 lbs plus with tusk 23 cms / 9 inches plus. Mostly hunted at nigh over baits and not an expensive hunt by African standards. That would get my vote!

I’ll second that
Big bad mean looking hairy monsters and depends on areas, you will encounter bears and wolves
That’s Turkey for ya
I gotta go again

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote