THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private Texas Hog Hunt wanted.. You game?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Getting the itch for a nice easy road trip down Texas way. But, since Gato and Crazy horse passed, I'm temporarily out of luck since I'd rather hunt with someone familiar to me here on AR than some unknown commercial operation from a website. Not that that's a bad thing. Had fun hunting hogs in Europe with a commercial guide. Just prefer AR folks for U.S. hog hunting.
Rather than go member to member to ask for permission, maybe this ad will help stir something up.

Not looking for a FREE hunt although I have done that and had a blast. Fee OK. Would like to take some backstraps home with me.
Doc says I'm good and healthy, no worries. 65 years old. Retired. Pretty decent shot. No litter left behind. Only intend to shoot hogs unless advised otherwise.
Daytime hunt only please.

PM appreciated.
Ray

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good luck Ray. Let us get a sense of the replies and PMs you get.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. I intend to leave it up to the land/lease owner if he would like to remain anonymous. Got to respect a man's privacy.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Good luck Ray. Let us get a sense of the replies and PMs you get.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet. I guess most folks on here like to shoot their own hogs. If so, I understand.
cb

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Custom bolt,
Now the holiday recovery is about done, I may take a couple of buddies to the Boars Nest in OK just north of the red river. Shots guaranteed and trophy boars hunted with dogs in the trophy pasture. Field retrieval, skinning, quartering too.If you are interested, let me know.
Come Monday, I will get back to work on this ( I promised the family I would be home during holidays ).

Eating pasture or trophy pasture - or both. You pays your money and takes your choice.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice looking hogs there CR. Looks like fun!
PM sent.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Still looking to do some Texas hog hunting with an AR member or two. Early March looks good for me. However, I am retired now. So, other times or short notice should not be a problem.
To be clear, I have no problem paying my way or getting my hands dirty. Just lookin' for some hog hunting fun with some familiar name(s). Got to take home some backstraps as before. They make the best burgers ever.
CB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a distance from your place to Kiowa Cnty CO.
Article in the paper a couple days ago
about a herd of 250 or so in the area
CPW and ranchers want to exterminate.
Might be worth contacting CPW or the local
Chamber of Commerce. You'd have to look
at the map to locate towns in the cnty.
I barely know where it is. Likely been
there years ago. Right about the middle of
CO at the Kans line.

Wish you the best with your findings.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks George. I'm leaning more towards hunting with an AR member. Plus, a hunter ed card is required in CO according to the CPW site. Much appreciated though.
CB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were you born after 1949 or
before? That's the break in
that rule. It covers all hunting
in CO.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a landowner (in FL) I can say that this type of thing is difficult. Letting someone on your land does not mean they know their way around, know where the hogs are or know where to stay out of (like avoiding getting stuck). Unless I go out with them, the chances of success are low.

There are also the dangerous things around. Snakes, alligators and sink holes.

It is a hell of a lot more difficult than just letting someone in the gate.

Good luck!

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks George & Larry.
I can imagine some folks don't know their vehicles' limitations.

I wouldn't push mine through a swamp. But, I have dragged the engine belly cover across muddy grass, snow and gravel a few times. She just walked on through with barely a moan or two from the trac-control.

I was born in 1954.