THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Warthog & Bushpig & European boars. Last one added.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warthog & Bushpig & European boars. Last one added.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Rejigged my pig taxidermy at the weekend! Two more WIP at the taxidermists. And next warthog hunt scheduled for April 2019 ..... Long time to wait !! I also spent an hour oiling all the ivory with Johnson's baby oil. Works great.

Picture is a bit dark, sorry, but you get the drift.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mighty fine!

Still on the hunt for a double evve since I saw your wife's Doumoulin!

Looking at a Merkel 141 in 8 x 57 JRS

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Still enjoying this thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie:
Bet your taxidermist loves you!

Nice collection, obvious that's not all of 'em. Thanks for sharing with us,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

George thanks!

You are right on both counts - same taxidermist for past 10 years. Love the way he does my pigs. And yep the other ones are in our place in Germany.

In fact here is a sketch I did for the taxidermist ( I am not a great drawer ) of a pig that is WIP at the moment. He will be a half mount kneeling off the wall as if feeding. Keen to see how he works out.

Something different!

Charlie

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
A mention is made here of Johnson's baby oil to preserve pig tusks.
Any more comments? What about wood/ furniture oil?
Thanks.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Back on the circuit .... 'We' took this sow yesterday over hounds in the Natal Midlands! Shot by one of the guys at about 3 meters off the arse of one of the hounds!

The boar ran us 8 kilometres plus and then we had to pull the dogs as it was getting hot.

Was a great mornings bushpig hunting over hounds in the Midlands of RSA!

End November am hoping to try for a big old bushpig boar off of a maize bait!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, what a hog!!

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry M- Urban dwellers are to be ignored.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

European Keiler

Saturday 28 March 2020 / 22h00 / Rigby .275 shooting Hornady 139 g factory loads / 87 kgs

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Its been over a year so allow me to bump and update this old thread with a few European pigs taken in the last 12 months. Cannot wait to get back to Africa and chase warthogs and bushpigs again soon ..... Mozambique on the books for serious warthogs! But in the meantime its Euro pigs!

Cheers,

Charlie

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

CZ .30-06 shooting 170 g Geco factory loads, maize bait site in NRW Germany

one of us
posted Hide Post
A sign I came across in the Swedish forest a few years ago:

Posts: 13227 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

75 kg sow taken with a Wulf DR in 8x57 on a driven hunt in the Hessen State Forestry. Total bag to 28 hunters was 62 pigs!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Staying on top of this thread with a double on hoglets tonight - shortest day of the year and a superb full moon and minus 6 degrees ceclius! CZ .30-06 shooting Norma factory loads.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Just an update ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Charlie:

Are you affecting the pig population there any?

Am glad to see you're still playing the game.
Hope you can do so for another 50 years. By then'
you might have the walls all filled up.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

24 Feb 2022, 60 kgs European wild boar, CZ 30.06 Norma 170 grain Geco factory ammo. Dropped on the spot!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Indulge me with this thread Cool

An update with one taken in the maize and a second off a maize bait ....

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Just updating with a couple of recent wild boar ... two "Keilers" first one 3 years and 60 kgs and the second a year at 24 kgs. Both with a Sauer 101 in 6,5x55 SE.

Next week maybe warthog in SA!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Please indulge me and allow me an update ...

RSA '23

Germany

Appreciated!

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Just read through this thread, you're having way too much fun! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote