THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Warthog & Bushpig & European boars. Last one added.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warthog & Bushpig & European boars. Last one added.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted
Here a few warthog and Bushpig pictures - next pigs hopefully in Nov '17 in Zambia!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like only 1 photo came through, but what a warthog! Which country & area did you hunt in?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like more teeth than hog, congrats. What caliber is the double? Heck of a rig!

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Here a couple more - internet issues in West Africa yesterday pm messed up the posting ! Rifle is a Krieghoff .375 with a Zeiss scope and quick release. I use it 9 out of 10 for everything I hunt in Africa!

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
This one was indeed more tusk than pig and was put at 9 - 10 years. Likely would not have seen the winter out, teeth totally down and ribs and hips clear to see. A great old boar to have taken out!

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done, Charlie! Bushpig is high on my list of must-have trophies.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sad to say I've wasted a few nights after bushpig without success.
You've taken some nice pigs!

I'm not really new. I had 1,000+ posts going back to 1996, when I suddenly found myself unable to Log In, in late 2013

Posts: 22 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Forgive me if I slip in one or two more but I do have a serious warthog / bushpig problem ..

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Last one I promise - this pig in fact was the result of 40 hours of sitting at a track / path that he was using in the mornings. My God my legs were stiff. Had seen him around and wanted him 'badly'. Finally luck / Diana smiled and I got him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are certainly forgiven for posting more pics. I am very much intrigued with your double rifle. A beautiful piece indeed. The double rifle has always projected the African safari in my mind. A .375 as a pig gun, well that blows my mind. Very nice indeed. Not wanting to intrude to much on your gig here, but I'll post a picture of one of my pigs and one of my favorite pig guns. The rifle is a Surplus Austrian Model 1895 in 8mmx56R, I purchased for $80 and a reflex sight for it at $180. What mine lacks in elegance it makes up for in efficiency. The contrast is stark, given an option, I'd take yours.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Larry, No intrusion at all ! The Austrian 8x56R is a very practical magazine rifle and I imagine a great pig rifle. And the Bundeswehr jacket to go with it Wink.

A while back I treated myself to the Krieghoff (slightly used) and initially hunted it with open sights. I then topped it with the Zeiss 1-4 x 20 and it is very much my all round Africa rifle - excellent on pig and more often than not no exit (despite factory Norma 300 grain ammo). Just goes to show how tough warthog can be!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
A couple of smaller warthog but a left and right! One taken standing off sticks and the second off hand on the run.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Last one .... I promise Wink Shot slightly back in the lungs but dropped on the spot thanks to .375H&H !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. I can't afford your affliction!

I used the 9.3 to anchor a warthog so I can imagine the .375 is most effective!

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I hope not your last one.......keep 'em coming!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are a pig killing machine Charlie, congrats again. I'll be looking for more from you in the future with you're beautiful rifle.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Borrowed a camp rifle .308 for this one. Dropped to the shot.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Just could not let this one go. And btw I am very partial to warthog filet, sausage and hams so little gets wasted !

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Some fine pork you got there, nice pigs for sure. The Bushpig is one that has eluded me. Drew a bead on one running at last light one day, but no good shot.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Excellent set of photos. Some very serious pigs there.

Classic.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Some great photos Charlie, but please give us the locations.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen.

Karoo - giving away the locations is like a fly fisherman giving out the coordinates to 'Mystery River X' which is his secret spot Wink But I can tell you most were RSA North of Thabazimbi or South of Newcastle close to Swazi. Happy to send you a PM or take you there one day!

This is one of the pigs above but I love this picture and it shows his spine clearly!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
I shot this pig with a 7mm but the terrier decided it was 'HIS WARTHOG' and he sat on it for over 25 minutes not letting anyone touch it!

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
It appears that someone is trying to rob you of the "warthog king" title. Some fine hunting. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
A brief update! Shot this one with a .30-06 in the lung (bottom left of the three blood smears) and my springer bitch tracked the pig over about 75m at last light and we had him!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
And finally one picture with my wife - this bushpig was bayed up in the cane text book style and I shot him off the end of my .375.

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures. I remember as a kid being infatuated with hunting a warthog someday. Now I'm more infatuated with the bushpig.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Took this pig early one winter morning. Lung shot and ran about 100m. 270 Win. Limpopo

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should stop posting on this thread now with this final picture - which I love !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help notice the sugarcane in one of your photos. It appears to be the same variety that is grown back home.

I imagine pigs could play hell with the sugarcane, I know bears do.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations nice boars and beautifull rifle.I have been trying a week for a bushpig without succes.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ineed to visit you there and take a few hogs perhaps i can take my dogos too .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Larry - not only do the pigs eat the cane, they bed up in it during the day after feeding thru the night. They create huge (financial) damage for the farmers who are only too happy to see them hunted.

Juan - you are always welcome and I would be delight to show you some great bushpig and superb warthog spots !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....Argentine Dogos or rather Dogos Argentino in Africa. I'd love to see those reports and pics.

Not surprised about the sugarcane it just had to be that way. I sometimes get some grief from city folks for killing more pigs than I can eat, but the farmers love me and my dogs.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Larry there is an outfitter using dogos for leopards ,google it .I saw several dogos in south africa .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting...Quite a collection you have there...makes me want to get back soon tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote