New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogs hogs hogs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We had 2 trips cancelled in July. Argentina and Namibia. I usually go hunting for hogs a day or two in early July after my busy season is over . Because of the cancellation, we went off for a week to hunt hogs, gig frogs, fish and do a bit of scalloping.

My grandsons tagged along the first two days . Scalloping was bagged to the weather. I didn’t hunt until Wednesday. Prior to that , I was being the guide. My oldest grandson went Monday and Tuesday. We also went fishing Tuesday morning and gigged frogs Tuesday night . My youngest step daughter’s boyfriend went on his first hunt. Got his first hog!

We did quite well. We got 19 hogs between us of which I shot 16 after they all left. Included were 3 gargantuan boars. The picture of the largest is below.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
So that means there are only a few good ones in your area. Good job and it had to be lots of fun. Only a few million to go. I wish I could help you guys out. The authorities don't allow hog hunting in Misery. Too many people dumping more hogs for "fun". Glad you and your family are helping out. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Larry,
How do you hunt them? dogs?wish we had a hog problem around here,sure do like to hunt em but few opportunities around here.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
Larry,
How do you hunt them? dogs?wish we had a hog problem around here,sure do like to hunt em but few opportunities around here.

Be careful what you wish for---and I can assure you the ranchers/farmers don't want them.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
Larry,

Usually from a stand or what we call running and gunning . This is basically slipping up on feeders.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig! Good going! The more young ones we can start hunting the better!

Posts: 696 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Nice going! And the one in the picture is definitely a brute. tu2 tu2

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing
!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38458 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
Nice going! And the one in the picture is definitely a brute. tu2 tu2

+1

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Larry, Wear khaki and a sun hat and imagine that you are in Namibia and they are all warties!!!

All the same ... great pigs! Congrats!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote