New
Find
Notify
Tools

Same Old Boar
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This guy has been hanging around for nearly a year and haven't been able to connect. VIsits the feeder 2-3 times per week in middle of the night, but my new plan, with the rain and damp leaves, is to put the sneak on him and do him in his day bed behind the tank dam.

This is his running buddy--

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel ya'

i got one that comes in between midnite and 4 AM. He has learned to bump the feeder legs and shake corn out.
May have to put an "eliminator" spinner on, or shoot him!

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I vote for shooting him--

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, has it been done yet?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I did walk the ridge and pushed one out in front of me but never saw it--fresh tracks in the soft dirt at the base of the tank dam. Tnen on the way back down the other side of the ridge walking back to the truck, pushed out something that sounded like a tank running through the brush making way more noise than any deer I've ever heard. I suppose it was a hog.

When I checked my camera about 10 days ago, they have been coming every night (9 of 10) and the last 3 nights they were there before full darkness. So this week I checked winds and went to the west stand (SE winds). Pigs were a no-show and by 11:00 my lights had faded to the point it would have been tough to shoot (bow). I'm thinking it was because we have had 100% cloudy days for a while and the solar panels aren't getting the batteries charged up. So I tried a shot at one of the B&C raccoons. However, I wasn't careful about body position and the lower limb/cam on the bow hit me on top of my knee at the top edge of my kneecap---ouch. Ended up with a knot half the size of a ping pong ball and a cut/scrape about a half-inch long. Sure wasn't fun climbing down the 15' ladder either. I'll be back after them next week, and hopefully the new lights I ordered will be here and I can get them installed and aimed before I go sit.

Based on the weather forecast, I'll likely drive my truck to my shooting lane (about 80 yds), park there and use the outside mirror as a rest. Rain, rain, rain.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked the game cam today and he's still a regular but has rescheduled to an early dinner time---been there between 8 PM and midnight every night but one the past 10 days. Winds are perfect in the forecast this week, so maybe?