Find
Notify
Tools

Predator Cannon:1 Hoglet:0
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted
I recently took delivery on a Predator Cannon light bar. Yesterday I bolted it onto a lightweight prototype mounting and carried it, the wiring and a 12 volt battery down to one of our blinds and set it up. Late afternoon found the She-Wolf and me in that blind waiting for dark and the arrival of hogs.

About thirty minutes after dark, seven hogs about 3/4 grown (littermates for all I know) trotted in from the north. With my little 6mm/.223 trained on the bunch (because I wasn't sure how they'd react to the light), Jane turned the light onto its lowest setting. The pigs never blinked and I could see them clearly through the 2x7 Leupold at 7x.

OK, so far...so good. I had Jane increase the brightness of the light and saw no change in the pigs behavior. Since it was getting late (and Jane and I'd been talking about chili and cornbread for dinner) I opted to truncate this first test and sent a 100 grain Hornady into the shoulder of one of the pigs out at the periphery. He dropped in his tracks; the others left in a cloud of dust.

I'll relocate this hoglet to a place better suited for his use as a coyote bait this morning...and we'll see how the light does on yodel dogs!

Mark

https://outriggeroutdoors.com/...edator-hunting-light

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting!

Posts: 694 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I'd have a need for one bait and one in my belly. Good shooting. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Live Oak:
Good shooting!

+1

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! I have a predator cannon myself, very good quality light.