New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pair of Boars
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
These two have been fairly regular at the trap the past 10 days, so I'm gonna give them another day or so before I set it. Need the ground to dry out a bit.

Also--if you remember "snowballs" from the past, it looks like he has resurrected--or had a twin.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are they ever in the trap together so as to catch both at once?

Posts: 225 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any pics of them together and I would guess that one of them is dominate and the other leaves when the dominate one shows up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Two nights no success -- gonna give 'em two more and unset the trap if no catch.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Success---the black boar in the first pic above fell this morning. He weighed about 150-160-170 which makes me re-think my weight guess on the 2nd boar above.

Trap is unset for a week or two.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Did you need a canoe to retrieve him? Smiler

We didn't have much rain here last night, but Andy was in Weimar to shoot a softball playoff game. First they had a 30-minute lightning delay. Then, just minutes later, everyone was scattering like a covey of quail because of a tornado warning. The rain was extremely heavy there, and the wind was blustery, to put it mildly.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9319 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This trap is on the north side of Alternate 90, pretty high above the river bottom and lots of rock. Still some soft spots, and the inside of the trap pen is a mess. Smells just like a pig sty, but that's not surprising.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Maybe you will get the rain to let up for several days later this week. Good job on getting snowballs. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Got boots?
That second one looks to be 200 plus.
Too buggy for a sit?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about a sit this week as my other place is a creek bottom and it is swarming with 'skeeters. More hog traffic there but it is wind-direction sensitive and winds this week aren't the best.

Doubtful the big one will come to the trap with the recent blood shedding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least you got the one.

Good for you. Shows you haven't forgotten how.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked the camera at the trap yesterday---no pigs since I trapped the last one. And, there ia about 25 lbs of moldy corn under the feeder.

This fellow is a new visitor--but again, he's a late night diner and I'm not going to stay up that late. Appetite will prevail eventually and I'll nail him too.