New
Find
Notify
Tools

River of piglets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Time to check the game cams. No pictures at the wife's place. I got distracted right at the gate of my place. Usually I take a Ruger #1 in 257 Roberts with me and had it. I drive into and through the working pens on the way to my feeder. A few years ago they bull dozed out the old pens and built the new. Behind the pens they dozed off a area of old brush. Huisache has taken over the dozed area. It's now shoulder high and thick. Under the huisache there is short green rescue grass. There was a pig at 3:30 grazing! I had to hurry to get the Bob loaded and scope cap off. Well, there was second pig with a couple of little ones I did not see! She trotted around large debris pile from the old pen and took #1 with her. I eased the truck forward to see around the debris. When I could see her she was moving away quartering hard! I put the reticle as far forward and still get into the boiler room and touched it off. She stumbled and spun to my right and hobbled off. There must have been 7 or 8 pigs I did not see and they all ran her way! Following them was a stream of piglets, some stripped, some black. I am guessing 30 to 40! The shot sounded good but I could find no blood. 87 grain Sierra it probably did not exit. Out side the huisache over growth it gets really thick. Hands and knees thick! I did not want a picture that bad. Hardly any pictures at my feeder a couple hundred yards away.

Posts: 693 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once they grow up some you'll have

all the targets you could wish for.

Sounds like a place to keep track of.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pigs that survive here are well educated! I am thinking neighbors either trap or Thermal hunt! Nothing stays around long. Those out of this sounder are at the feeder during the day now. There was a sow at the feeder with both black and stripped piglets and too many for just her. Makes me think I killed the one I shot at.

Posts: 693 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't you have a trap nearby?

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was it something like this?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dusty:

That's the whole damn parade!

How many of those did you cull?

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

one of us
posted Hide Post
George--not my shot. I pirated that pic from somewher.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a trap but don't use it much. I prefer to shoot!