New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot one
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did some work at the wife's place and checked game cams. Pigs hitting the hill feeder every evening as the feeder went off for 6 days! Hot or not I had to sit. Got there about 8, getting into the blind I looked to the left. Down one of my senderos there were pigs grazing about 200 yards! Hurried to get in and settled but lost sight of them. Saw a couple walking a gully headed to my little almost dry pond. I was hoping they would not get too far to the left and the wind would get me. Three others came in from the left and eased to the feeder by would not go in as there was no corn yet. They backed under a tree. The original three started to the feeder also. A doe and fawn walked to the feeder from the right. The first three pigs came from the tree and right at the doe. She retreated and so did they, as if "no you don't, that our feeder"! I counted 7, one was a sow with little three little pigs. Feeder went off at nine and it was game on! Never saw the sow again. I tried to get two lined up for a twofer but they were vacuuming up the corn too fast. Two got similined up and I touch off a shot. Aiming for the head on the close one, hoping for a body shot on the back one. Saw a splash of dust way to the right of the bullet path. Not sure if the 350 Speer deflected off the jaw bone or a piece of bone hit that hard. No sign I hit the second pig. 154.2 416 Ruger. This a different camera I tried but did not set the date!

Posts: 696 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another good pig---keep it up! I am waaaayyyy behind last year's count -- the big sounders are conspicuously absent from the Belmont place--just the "guys" hanging out there so it is 1 or 2 at a time instead of last years 12-15-18 at a time. Frowner

But, Sunday evening it is archer time locally as I have shut down the trap feeder and locked the gate, leaving only the feeder in front of the stands. The two boars habitually there have adjusted their times and habits, and the winds are just perfect for a Sunday evening sit, although as you have noted, it is HOT!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a good breeze last night ten foot high in the box! Got on the ground to deal with him and I got steamed! There was a boar hitting the creek feeder at 9:30 when these were at the hill. If he keeps it up I'll just have to steam. The creek box is a lot hotter! They went from total random to clock work!

Posts: 696 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well done! For the first time in months, there were hogs here last night, albeit all piglets.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote