New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 lb Monster Georgia Hog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got this article on Georgia Outdoor News. A 450 lb hog was killed one county over from me. It’s a big one!

https://gon.com/departments/mo...91&mc_eid=0923e33c3c

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big one and a different color for sure. I will need to see a scale ticket to believe 450 though! Jam the camera into the pig and put the hunter ten feet behind, always raises questions for me. A 350 pound feral pig is very wide across the back. They can be tall and long but without the width the weight is not there.

Posts: 698 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see some different angles and scale results as well. The photo setup is done via wide angle and in such a way as to exaggerate the foreground by minimizing the size of items in the background.

The hog below, which had tremendous girth, would look like a Volkswagon in that same setup.

But it only weighed 266.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9334 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby that looks like a Victor Watson picture!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

From the smile on the hunter's face I would say it was a BIG pig! Exactly how big in terms of Lbs and ounces that's for the scales to show .....

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my neighbor still ran dogs I hunted with him one night. Under special living conditions for a pig, his dogs caught and he kill a 400 pound sow! We weighed it on a certified scale. I have looked but can not find the pictures. His 6'3" 240 pounds were dwarfed by her side by side, no special camera effects needed! Just saying!

Posts: 698 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
big pig, but with that photo trick, I wouldn't believe any stated weight --

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38459 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bobby, that sow almost looks like a beached sea lion. Continue to appreciate your fine taste in hog rifles. Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That is amazing how often the weights of the really big pigs in articles and on the web end in a "zero". What are the odds?????

The weight of the pig Bobby posted didn't end in a zero - and neither have the vast majority of the pigs I've weighed.

Reminds me of the round numbers of the extreme shot distances people brag about....

I haven't been to law school, but I thought the first lesson in lying was to be very specific.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to guestomate with the drag method. Plus or minus 25 pounds. Built me a receiver hitch winch and bought a 600 pound crane scale. Now if I can get to them or drag them out it is to the tenth!

one of us
posted Hide Post
From the why the article is written.

It could easily be a put and take hog.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like a feral Poland China hog.
Any other ideas?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Pic makes it look 1000lbs…ridiculous

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote