New
Find
Notify
Tools

no pig, but
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As dry as it has been ( we got rain yesterday and today!!!) you would think the pigs would be hitting the feeders. Not so. I guess I killed all the dumb ones. The cut ants have taken over the feeders at the wife's place. Sat the other night to let them get out fully, so as to poison them. Feeder went off the deer were there!! Two coons were there soon after. The deer tried to stomp them before I could get a shot. I let the deer thin out and the coons showed back up. 375 Ruger!

Also about million cut ants!!!!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beats shooting holes in paper all to hell.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Have you considered putting your feeders legs in metal quart juice cans + filling them with water or oil?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best way is to hang the feeder so the raccoons can not reach the spinner. They will still climb the legs, mess with the camera, and or try to open the lights battery box! I built the legs for the winch. Heavy steel plate on top with a "eye" bolt through it. Shot two off the very top standing up! They are not you friends!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have "manufactured" cages from wire mesh (small 1x2" mesh) that go around the feeder barrel and hang about 6-8" below the spinner plate. the distance away keeps them from getting their little coon arms to the spinner. works for me. doesn't keep 'em from eating the corn on the ground, but Duke's Dog Proof traps takes care of most of them.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"