Find
Notify
Tools

Big boy comin' in!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randall,

Perhaps It seems that I speak in parables or bromides. Most often it is to inject a bit of humor. When I mentioned above the "bromide" in regards to Mad Dogs and Englishmen, it was a reference to the Rudyard Kipling quote.

RE; In colonial times in India, the native people thought it was insanity when the British worked, made war, and played cricket and polo in the heat of midday. They knew that, at midday, even dogs had sense enough to stay out of the sun, and that only mad dogs, i.e., rabid dogs, crazed by the rabies virus in their brains, ventured out of the shade. Rabies produced spasm of the throat muscles, so that saliva dripped from their mouths, producing "foaming at the mouth." Despite thirst, they couldn't drink; hence the term "hydrophobia". Before their death, they had a staggering, unsteady gait. The terrifying appearance made them appear crazed, or “mad.”

https://forum.wordreference.co...e-midday-sun.992543/

I can relate.

Another old line from "old man"

Don't mean that much to me to mean that much to you".

Perhaps you took it personal, but it was not meant to be so. Simply using the bromide to extrapolate on the fact that I don't go out in the noon day sun much any more. I've worked outside all my life. I can't tell you how many times I've had heat prostration. In 2007 I had a heat stroke and was on my back for a couple weeks. I've had two basal cell carcinomas cut out in the last year or so and have several more spots that are pre-cancerous. You notice that I wear long sleeve shirts and a broad brimmed hat in many of my pictures. They are not just a gimmick!

I mean no disrespect to anyone, including you!

I have absolutely no problem with how/what/when you do anything or not.

If you like to take clients great. I take folks quite often. It typically only costs them their gas and ammo as I provide everyting else at no expense to them. Especially if they are LEO's or military.

I will not guide, reload, smith, cook, make sheaths, take photos for pay. My time/effort these days is not bought, only given.

I started working when I was 10 and worked for another 40. I lived below my means, made some investments and got lucky. I finance my "outdoor" addiction" by buying low, selling high, collecting early and paying late. I try not to buy depreciating assets on time, rather appreciating assets, and try to pay retail for nothing. Plus I may have mentioned that I've been lucky.

Hopefully that's good enough, cause that's all I'm in for this evening!

Best to you and yours!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Glen, the point is, and I am older than you, some folks still like killing stuff!

Believe it or not, it is up to you, but I ain't all that hot on killing stuff anymore and I have the opportunity multiple times daily to kill stuff, and that is 7 days a week.

It is no longer important to me, but for some folks it is important and for those folks, if them hauling their ass out to the stand at Noon so they can get a shot at something, what is the problem?? There isn't one!

You and I are able to pass up killing stuff, because we want to and it is no longer important, but there are folks coming up the trail behind us that still have the desire to kill stuff, so why not pass along the knowledge folks like you and me have acquired so they can enjoy what we have enjoyed?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:

"WORD"

ball is in your court!

ya!

GWB

Stumpy? You could just print this, hang IT on your wall and rant at IT about your inferiority complex.......we already know all about it.......
The decision you make have consequences........

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse---You have your feeders set for 7AM Noon 6PM and 8PM. Switch over to liquid feed---use Dr Pepper. Everyone knows DR Pepper is 10:00 2:00 and 4:00. You'd eliminate one feeding and insure you are there at the right time.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Speaking of 10-2-4....I usually find the "Hand Grenade" Dr Pepper bottles while arrowhead hunting out this way.

https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...-1966-1968-470514885

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
carpetman, we will stick with the set up we have, because it works and has been working for several years.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHC---REally I had serious doubts you'd switch to Dr Pepper. Who knows, hogs may be Pepsi or Coke fans.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why should anyone change from what works for them!

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/aYqwEylwBbM

Sorry for the sideways video...probably the first video my friend has recorded with his phone.

On a good note...found my charging cable and batteries for my camcorder and will be uploading the videos off of it as well (from other hunt...1920x1080P)

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Great pictures, and I also do not find reasons to kill stuff, but some folks DO!

Wished I had the same type camera you have so I could take similar pictures, but not ALL of us have reached that point in life where simply enjoying the "Scenery" is good enough.

Some of us have not reached the stage where "Killing" is not that important! I have, but when I have a client, paying for a hunt, they want to kill something and I want them to kill something!

I am having a hard time understanding why there is a problem with that!

Because you're an idiot who can't understand that everything someone says is not a personal insult. Frowner

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hear, hear!!!!!!!!

tu2

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Big boy is still coming in at least once a week during daylight...tomorrow I am debating on taking the .416 for the night hunt...or 4570....or the 7mm stw again...

decisions decisions Big Grin dancing

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I'll be waiting for pictures. Good luck, Justin!!!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9335 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
I'll be waiting for pictures. Good luck, Justin!!!

I'll live update you like last time Cool

There is a T/C Contender rifle near me in 7mm-08 for $500....it is very tempting after seeing the lefty thumbhole stocks that you have on yours. If I remember right this gun is all stainless. I need to quit thinking about it Big Grin (Although 7mm-08 would fit nicely between my 223 and my 280 Big Grin )

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Here are some more hog photos....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like some good ones!

Be sure and post pix next time your perforate one!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SO:
when you gonna show us one hanging?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
SO:
when you gonna show us one hanging?

George

My May 23rd post in this thread is one of them Big Grin

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/aYqwEylwBbM

My best friend that was going to go tonight went into the hospital about an hour ago so I think we are calling off the hunt and going to spend the evening up there checking on him

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
My friend is out of the hospital and wants to go hunt! Loading the cooler now dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope to be among em' myself for 3 or 4 days starting on the 28th of June!

GWB

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Justin! I have a feeling you guys will take that bruiser tonight.

It is cooler here this evening compared to the past few days thanks to the heavy rain earlier, so I may take a peek outside a few times and see if any porkers decide to cooperate and help me cure an itchy trigger finger. Smiler

Geedubya-We'll be waiting on your photos, too! Good luck, and be careful out there.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9335 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Yes sir! Cooler here as well. We are hoping they are moving. On the way out there now

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
In the stand...not buggy and good wind

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:

It is cooler here this evening compared to the past few days thanks to the heavy rain earlier, so I may take a peek outside a few times and see if any porkers decide to cooperate and help me cure an itchy trigger finger. Smiler

Text a photo if you do, I'll be up late.

And I can relate to an itchy trigger finger.

Been a month since I've perforated a hoglet.

I'm suffering the symptoms of SDD. (shooting deficit disorder)

Time to go kill sumpin!

ya!

GWB

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Landowner said he saw BigBoy walking through the cotton field over the weekend, It took a little over a year but the hog is back in the area again!

Amazing how much these hogs travel...especially the smart ones! He hasn't been on camera since the original photos on here

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great flick, first time I ever saw a hog
walking straight up.

Good shot once it was fired. Sometimes the brush wins don't it?

Let's see the scales once you get the big un.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
STUMPY! Get the chip of your foolish old shoulder! Dammit man. No one, no one at all has or has had or will have any problem with your method of hunting.

Damn man I'm gonna change your name from stumpy to chip!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
J, what is your problem?

That thread was from the summer of 2017, Buglemintoday, made a comment on it this past Tuesday and I had not even looked at the thread till this morning!