New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peek-A-boo pig
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went to my friend's place last night. I am about to call my place "pig free", just not see any pictures there! Feeder went off and a buck came in. Wow the grass had grown so tall I only had a small window to shoot through. A second deer showed but the first would run it out of the pen. This went on for a while then the buck turned it attention to something on the ground. I believe it was a coon but could not see through the grass. Both deer threw their heads up and jumped the fence (good sign). Saw the pig behind the feeder pen, it started to enter but broke and ran! A few minutes later it had its head under the fence to the right. Had the rifle up waiting for it to clear the posts. Nope, broke and into the grass. One more time it started to enter from the back, again back into the grass. I had been spraying huisache on the ATV and my thumbs started cramping! Now a deer shows in front of the pen and enters from the left. I have never had a deer and a pig in a pen at once! Never! Where did the pig go? The pig shows in front of the pen silhouetted against the light. The pig makes a bluff charge at the deer but the deer goes back to eating. I am watching the show now! The pig walks toward the deer, finally the deer cannot stand it, jumps and runs. The pig runs back into the grass also! For longer than this story the pig finally enter the pen and the rifle comes up! I think the shot may have been a little high, pig faults but runs in a dust trail out the left side of the pen. He is headed for the tallest Johnson grass on the place! I went down there and have a fire ant trail. Fire ants had covered the blood. I circled the Johnson grass but no more blood. About to give up and come back in daylight, saw a funny spot just on the back edge of the Johnson grass. There he was, all 116.7 pounds! It was so humid that by the time I got the pictures and backstraps out, I was drenched! 375 Ruger, shot was great! I think he was just shy and was loaded and cocked to run again!

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still a good dead pig.

Glad you got to watch the show.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Backstraps!

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone convinced my Wife that feral pork eats well! With price of meat at the grocery store so high she ask me to bring some home. Well its a little tough but she likes it. Around a 100 pounds or less and does not stink I've started to haul some home. Gotta keep momma happy!

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Easy to strip the straps out of one----but I hate to leave the poison meat inside (tenderloins).

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Poison meat dustoffer?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote