THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    hogs, dogs, rattlesnakes, and a damn wide river....

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hogs, dogs, rattlesnakes, and a damn wide river....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took my nine year old grandson to south Alabama for our annual hog/dog hunt with old friends. I also bought him his first pair of snake boots. Whole thing was kept a surprise to him till I picked him up Friday.

Three hour drive and we met Danny at Lower Peachtree and drove to the camp right on the Alabama River. Next morning we were loaded up...

we hunted 12 straight hours without rest, ran hogs all day, but never got one caught and killed.

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Next day we moved properties to Possum Hollow on a buddys place.

Right off we jumped hogs, bayed and got one caught. Dylan jumped in with his knife and got it done...

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
minutes after this pic was taken Dylan and Danny walked up on a bog Timber Rattler, I knew those snake boots were a good idea....

We killed one more hog, then our four best dogs took a boar across the 400 yard wide Alabama River, bayed it against a steep bluff, and eventually drowned it. It took near four hours for us to get a boat and get the dogs safely across the river again...

We got on a couple more hogs and Dylan knifed another boar...

all in all a great weekend with old friends in old hangouts. Dylan never nodded off on the three hour drive home....

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Keep those rattlesnakes south of Birmingham!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang, that's one fortunate young man.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Been awhile since I have been to Lower Peachtree, but I doubt if it is much different.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
church at the Lower Peachtree four way stop....

I doubt much has changed in the last 50 years there...

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I had forgotten the church.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like one happy fellow. You're a good Grand Dad.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote