New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a reticle change on a Leupold
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Leupold is not doing reticle changes now or maybe never.
Where can I go?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Radical reticle changes, or no reticle changes at all?

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevastopol:

For some reason I found an old VZ2C 3x9 on my shelf that has fine crosshairs. I thought a duplex cross hair would work.I'm building a hunting rifle for a deserving young man. I need to put a decent hunting scope on it, but I'm not willing to break the bank buying another.
Might have to though.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:
Originally posted by Sevastopol:

For some reason I found an old VZ2C 3x9 on my shelf that has fine crosshairs. I thought a duplex cross hair would work.I'm building a hunting rifle for a deserving young man. I need to put a decent hunting scope on it, but I'm not willing to break the bank buying another.
Might have to though.

You can probably sell the older scope with the fine crosshairs and buy a new Leupold VX-Freedom for about what you get for the old scope. In any event, that would be cheaper than having the reticle changed.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of confused by what I've heard on AR about Leupold. Their custom shop is supposedly closed right now and I haven't heard if they will reopen. But to be honest I haven't called them either.

It used to be that a reticle change was neither hard nor expensive to get done at Leupold. If I remember it was in the 50-75 dollar range. I guess what I'm saying is you might contact them yourself and ask.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
I'm kind of confused by what I've heard on AR about Leupold. Their custom shop is supposedly closed right now and I haven't heard if they will reopen. But to be honest I haven't called them either.

It used to be that a reticle change was neither hard nor expensive to get done at Leupold. If I remember it was in the 50-75 dollar range. I guess what I'm saying is you might contact them yourself and ask.

I did call.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hit the pawn shops and gun shows you can buy about any scope for cents on the dollar..I bought two 4X fixed last week, one for $50 and one for $120. both in equal like new condition..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Hit the pawn shops and gun shows you can buy about any scope for cents on the dollar..I bought two 4X fixed last week, one for $50 and one for $120. both in equal like new condition..

Ray, I bought a new Leupold 3X9 for $150 out the door. It should do well enough for the young man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat as the original poster. I have not been told that they will NOT do a reticle change, just not now. And the price for the work is uncertain. They could not tell me when they might reopen the shop, either.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote