Find
Notify
Tools

Is Vortex dying?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have spoken to a couple of retailers that have stopped carrying them due to quality control issues.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt it.

People here in Utah seem to really like them. I think for the cost, they’re good optics.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they were until they got their foot in the door.
then everything stepped back and the price went up.
I went from buying nothing but and being a fan boy to a skeptic real quick.

it didn't help their cause [in my eyes] any after I stood there and went through two different tables full of them opening and trying every scope there [for 4+ hours] then walking out empty handed.
too bad too, they were marked a very good price, and I already had examples of the scopes on both tables.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Their low-end Crossfire line is nothing to shout about and now I see they have added Sonora and Copperhead below that level. I've had good service from a couple of Diamondbacks.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Can't speak for new ones. I bought 3 of the fixed 6x when they were $50 and a 3-7 crossfire 2. They are on range guns, they work.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote